wrong creation date when recreating the SSL certificate

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

• Most Valued Members

today i noticed that after turning off/on the "enable ssl protocol filtering" option, the newly created certificate has a date of 29/6 instead of 10/7, as the current is the 10th of July.

29/6 was the date that i installed the program from scratch after removing it with the safe mode removal tool. shouldn't the AV create a certificate with the current date? did this behavior change in the latest update? ESSP 15.2.11.0

I had uninstalled Eset on 7/5 and re-installed on the same date using an off-line download of ESSP ver. 15.2.11.0.

I just checked in Eset GUI what date is shown for Eset cert.. It is 7/5.

Next, I opened certmgr.msc. Then checked Eset cert. date for Eset cert. in Trusted Roots store. The Eset cert. date there is also 7/5.

I repeated what you did:

after turning off/on the "enable ssl protocol filtering" option

Again, Eset GUI Eset cert. display shows a date of 7/5.

Using certmgr.msc, check if Eset cert. in Trusted Roots store shows a date of 6/29. It is possible that when you reinstalled Eset, the Eset cert. from the prior Eset installation was not replaced for some unknown reason.

Edited by itman

• Administrators
  • Solution

It's an expected behavior. The ESET root CA is not deleted when you disable SSL filtering, the root CA certificate is kept in c:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\protoscanRootCert.crt.

• Most Valued Members

after removing the program through the control panel and using the removal tool to clean any leftovers, when i reinstalled it it created a certificate with the current date.

thanks Marcos.