ESET Smart Security 7 Beta & ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7 Beta Released – Give Feedback and win

• ESET Insiders

v7.0.28.0

firefox 22 + flash plugin = hangs/no responding/crash, slow startup

firefox 22 wo flash plugin = normal

v6.0.0.316.0

firefox 22 + flash plugin = normal

tested site: youtu.be

w7SP1x64

Same configuration:

+ W7SP1x64

+ FireFox 22

+ ESS 7.0.28.0

+ Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700

Everything works fine here.

I would try to:

+ set ESS to default configuration

+ start FireFox in Safe mode

+ reinstall or upgrade Flash (which version do you have?)

Tomo

Same configuration:

+ W7SP1x64

+ FireFox 22

+ ESS 7.0.28.0

+ Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700

Everything works fine here.

I would try to:

+ set ESS to default configuration

+ start FireFox in Safe mode

+ reinstall or upgrade Flash (which version do you have?)

Tomo

hm.. it's weird

i do fresh install and reinstall flash the problems still there,

chrome, maxthon, firefox, yahoo messenger have the problems (hangs/lockup/not responding a moment) if flash plugin installed,

but after i disabled "HIPS > Advanced Memory Scanner" the problem is gone.

anyway thx.

MP

• Administrators

i do fresh install and reinstall flash the problems still there,

chrome, maxthon, firefox, yahoo messenger have the problems (hangs/lockup/not responding a moment) if flash plugin installed,

but after i disabled "HIPS > Advanced Memory Scanner" the problem is gone.

This is a known issue and will be addressed in the next beta build.

On windows 8.1 after a few minutes of using firefox watching a flash video I get a blue screen so I will have to wait a bit before using eset 7 again :/

• ESET Moderators

Win7Pro, SP1, 64bit, ENG

WinXP, SP3, 32bit, ENG

ESS7Beta, ENG

Enable Tools -> Alerts and notifications -> Send event notifications by mail

(set on diagnostic)

Mail is being sent; Subject "ESET Smart Security: Warning", but Body is empty

(looks like it's empty both for notifications and virus alerts; but, cannot be sure, because - it's empty :-) )

Best regards

Tomo

P.S. I just noticed same problem on ESS v4 Business edition..

Endpoint Security 5 HRV looks like it's working fine:

"...

1.7.2013. 16:54:02 – tijekom izvršavanja programa Aktualizacija na računalu COMPUTERNAME pojavilo se sljedeće upozorenje: Updater: retval = 0x0000, failures: 0

..."

Hello Tomo,

we will try to reproduce it in our testing environment and we will let you know.

looking good !!! love the new icon for the taskbar. would be easier to explain to a customer to look for a E sign !!!

no faults so far for me, looking forward for the real relase and winning the prize  ^_^

Guest Alex Wee

My issues with eset smart security 7 beta:

I am currently new to eset software at this time. After i installed, i try out the anti theft protection. However, when i test the 'Anti-theft test' the process requires some amount of time and a windows pop out which asked for authentication for sending the screenshot and taking picture on my computer. Therefore in real time, i think theft will not allow this to occur and therefore anti-theft might not work efficiently because he can just deny the access. Could it be i have not register the phantom account?

P.s. I have disabled user account control on this windows laptop.

For the anti-theft technology, i tested the function twice. The first time the webcam shot doesn't work perfectly (returned black screen) but the screenshot and location were fine. In the next test, the screenshot function worked so i would not report that as a problem. But i still would like to say that the IP address, geographical location are very accurate and precise.

Other function such as virus scanning function, Watch Activity, Network connections, ESET SysInspector does its job well. And i am pretty impressed by the eset smart security function such as the firewall and anti-theft technology. The UI is simple to use. Overall the software does what it should do. However i would still like to see more function such as internet sandbox for safe browsing experience. :)

*Forgot to log in before posting the last post" at #160

I would like to update few things, if the memory usage can be futhermore reduced for eset smart security 7 that will be a great advantages for those people running on computer with lower RAM. Currently the usage experience was smooth and no other problems has been noticed. Hope to see more features coming in.

Regards,

Alex Wee

*EDIT: Can i know how to add exception to certain exception on files or folder during scanning the computer drives? Either i miss it or I can't find it in advance setup."

Edited by silverarc

I still say that the menus and GUI in general should be geared towards touch interfaces now that there are more Windows Mobile Tablets/Laptops in the marketplace. :)

No!! Out of the question! If you want to do that then keep the regular interface for those who will have nothing to do with touch interfaces...

There are still people who keep their computing at home on big monitors which are not suitable for touch interfaces...

I fully agree. I would NOT like to see ESET touch optimized at all. If you do, I would hope that you make it so that users may choose between the two UI's, rather than going exclusively either way. Just my thoughts.

On another note, I haven't experienced any problems with ESET(other than VERY SLOW scan times on one of my slower computers I use for testing). On my MacBook Pro(under Boot Camp), this ESS certainly runs like a god, as well as no bugs or problems have been observed so far. Will let you know if any are found. :)

I would like to update few things, if the memory usage can be futhermore reduced for eset smart security 7 that will be a great advantages for those people running on computer with lower RAM. Currently the usage experience was smooth and no other problems has been noticed. Hope to see more features coming in.

Regards,

Alex Wee

*EDIT: Can i know how to add exception to certain exception on files or folder during scanning the computer drives? Either i miss it or I can't find it in advance setup."

I agree fully. I ran it on a PC with 3GB RAM on Win7x64, and it took for EVER to work.

Regards,

Alex Wee

Hello silverarc

To exclude folders and files in beta 7, see attachment, and Kb. article for Eset: How do I exclude certain files or folders from Real-time scanning?

Regards, Janus

post-65-0-89952900-1373042189_thumb.png

Regards,

Alex Wee

Hello silverarc

To exclude folders and files in beta 7, see attachment, and Kb. article for Eset: How do I exclude certain files or folders from Real-time scanning?

Regards, Janus

Thanks for pointing that out! At least this can save the overall scanning time on my Ubuntu drive after all! :)

With all v7 settings at defaults, the web UI for my ASUS RT-N66U router (running the AsusWrt Merlin firmware) is extremely sluggish. Chrome (Version 28.0.1500.71 beta-m) is my default browser. Some pages never finish loading and the Chrome "refreshing" circle is constantly spinning. Turning off nod32's HTTP checking solves the problem. I also tried IE10 and experienced the same problem so it does not appear to be browser-specific behavior.

--

bc

• Administrators

ESET smart security 7 beta! Still don't have a sandbox feature! :blink:

ESET provides only quality solutions to users. Yeah, we could develop a simple sandbox within a few months and many people would be excited, but what would it be good for if every other malware could circumvent it. Developing a quality feature requires a lot of time for research, coding and testing. Although there are quite many sandbox solutions available, you could count the really good ones on one hand.

On the other hand, Advanced memory scanner significantly improves protection against new born malware and so does another new feature to be introduced in future v7 builds.

Regards,

Alex Wee

ESET loads all it's sigs and modules into the RAM to increase the system performance, wich results in lower CPU usage and HDD I/O activity to make the system more responsive, as the RAM is faster than reading to/from the harddrive all the time, and it's been this way since V3 (at least) when I started to use ESET. And afaik it's still this way in V7. 

And this isn't a bad thing at all IMO. After all I use ESET on an old PC with 512MB of RAM.   :)

Edit: Maybe I should add that what I am saying is basically, that a product that only uses 5-10MB could still be heavier on the system and cause more slowdowns than for example ESET.

Edited by SweX

I agree fully. I ran it on a PC with 3GB RAM on Win7x64, and it took for EVER to work.

When it comes to ESET I can't say that 3GB is low as it works great on even lower amount of GB than that, knowing that I have ESET installed on a very old PC with only 512MB of RAM, and it's as fast as ever.

"it took for ever to work" what do you mean with that exactly?

If you are talking about how fast an on-demand scan is finishing , then if this was your first scan, the second scan and every scan after will be way faster due to the cache function. And the amount of time a scan takes doesn't really depend on how much RAM you got, it depends more on what type of CPU one have if it's a low-end/high-end etc etc...

installed ESS over version 6 on Windosws 7 x64 with no problems, until this info box popped up today

(see attached png file fo snapshot)

post-1202-0-66043300-1373324516_thumb.png

ESET smart security 7 beta! Still don't have a sandbox feature! :blink:

You could always take a look at "Sandboxie" and use it together with ESET.

• ESET Insiders

installed ESS over version 6 on Windosws 7 x64 with no problems, until this info box popped up today

(see attached png file fo snapshot)

Did you visit "View the message"?

Could be some script in Scheduler that is trying to display a message, and service is not set to "communicate" with desktop?

Tomo