ESET Smart Security 7 Beta & ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7 Beta Released – Give Feedback and win

Network Bug:

I can not load up the network screen, when your in explorer and select network on the right hand panel. After a few reboots got eset to says "UDP port scanning attack", told it to allow. Network then showed up. But after closing out explorer and then trying to go back to network. Same thing happend, will not pull up. Nothing loads. IE, shown networks or even the network page in expolrer.

Going to disable UDP blocking like i had to in v6 to get network to even work.

win8 x64.. System spec are in sig.

========

Edit Update:

Ok it has has to do with modding the imageres,imagesp1,shell32,zipfldr dlls after Eset is installed. I but my image from this morning back in and everything is working fine with network. I will test latter and do a full uinstall or eset and mod the files b4 install it back in and see what happens.

Edited by GothicDeath

hi installed Eset smart security beta 7 today, on windows 8 64 bit running very well, looks great, no slow downs, system stable, thanks Eset

• Administrators

Self-defence is efficient but I found a exploit-DisallowRun registry CAN stop ekrn and egui.exe from running on Startup and replace .dlls in the ESET folder or overwrite them. When I click to scan something nothing happends. Only exploitable vulnerability soo far. :(

Please PM me more details as the DisallowRun policy is configured per user and affects only applications started via Explorer.exe which is not the case of ESET (unless you start egui manually).

• Administrators

there is some bug in Advanced memory scanner when i enable it's detect file which i exclude from scanning

AMS does not scan files on a disk so clearly exceptions for files cannot be applied. Please provide me with more information about the file that you think is detected incorrectly in memory.

robust, reliable, very nice functionality and features, uses less resources are some of the reason of using Eset AV.

and now, i like installing it on other directory/drive since my C drive is being frozen.  thank you so much

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

Is it OK to enable pre-release updates on the beta? If my memory serves me, I think in the past there has been a beta or two that it was advised not to enable the pre-release updates. I just wanted to confirm one way or the other before I did. Thanks...

• ESET Moderators

Hello puff-m-d,

Hello,

Is it OK to enable pre-release updates on the beta? If my memory serves me, I think in the past there has been a beta or two that it was advised not to enable the pre-release updates. I just wanted to confirm one way or the other before I did. Thanks...

you can use pre-release updates for beta, but anyway we usually release new modules for beta testers in advance.

Just installed SmartSecurity 7 Beta over 6 on a Win7 x64.

Couple of feedbacks -

1) The restart of the computer was hidden - would suggest it be shown as a dialog box before exiting the installation.

2) After restart, a computer scan was initiated automatically (nice feature) - BUT this was NOT obvious = a small spinning icon (usually implies it is BUSY) in the taskbar - on opening Eset, there was NO message indicating that the computer scan had started - just a whirling small icon next to computer scan = would be simpler to show a MESSAGE on the Home screen (perhaps right below "Max protection").

3) The Beta version DID NOT remove the paid 6.0 license - nicely done!

I can understand balancing the need for minimal user interaction (that's what Eset is famous for)!

So far no issues.

Great job in making the transition easy. 

Thank you!

ESET 7.0.28.0 Nod32 Beta/8438

XP SP3, 2GB RAM, 2.66 MHz Processor

No Problem upgrading from Nod32 6: Installer size 57MB (excellent), warning about existing security software (liked) though no autocheck for incompatible software (did not like), no annoying CPU/RAM usage during installation (liked), took 6 mins plus a restart (liked).

New HIPS: No realtime test so far, but missed 5/34 checks in Comodo LeakTest (ChageDrvPath, PhysicalMemory, DebugControl, DupHandles and DNSTest). Very good score of 290/340 - without a firewall!

Initial Scan: Long.

Average Memory Usage: 90 MB (high).

FP: IObit DriverBooster installer.

Overall Initial Impression: Very usable in old machines like mine. Thank you, ESET Developers!

Does it have to say "Free Trial" in Big Bold Letters in a Big Blue Rectangular Box. I know I'm beta testing and I appreciate the license until 10/2013 but I think its pretty cheesy to see that every time I start my PC.

Can't Eset just be satisfied with the product stating Beta...

post-1040-0-07075800-1371641384_thumb.jpg

Guest David

After installing this v7 beta, my hdd disk space has been disappearing.

As I leave my computer on, I can clearly see the GB's flying by as the hours passes. What's wrong with this program? This did not happen before and no, I'm not downloading anything from the internet. Just by leaving my computer on, the available space shrinks.

• Former ESET Employees

After installing this v7 beta, my hdd disk space has been disappearing.

As I leave my computer on, I can clearly see the GB's flying by as the hours passes. What's wrong with this program? This did not happen before and no, I'm not downloading anything from the internet. Just by leaving my computer on, the available space shrinks.

What Windows OS are you running and which ESET Product are you testing?

When you say HDD disk space is disappearing do you mean RAM, virtual memory or are you actually seeing physical HDD disk space being filled?

SS7 beta made access to my Asus Rt-n66u router via browser very poor. Had to reload pages numerous times in order to view them and use them. Problem disappeared as soon as I reverted to SS6. Windows 8 64 bit.

Edited by deerhound

Guest David

Jeez... my C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus is filled with 33,6GB!!!! In one afternoon!!!!

What's wrong with this ESET v7 beta?

Now I see where my GB's are going. It's going to ESET's folder...

I guess NOD32 Antivirus is caching each and every single file I've used today in ESET's programdata folder.

My operating system is Windows 8 64bit with ESET NOD32 Antivirus v7.0.28.0.

Guest David

I have to precise that is the folder C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Diagnostics that is being populated with tens of GB's.

More precisely, now it's with 51,1 GB of  data.

I'm sorry but I have to uninstall v7 beta and install the stable release again.

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

That particular folder is growing on my machine also but not as much as yours. It seems to be adding 2 files totaling around 200 MB every one to two hours. My folder size just hit 3GB and I have only had the beta installed for about 2 days. It seems to be growing at the rate of 1.5 to 2 GB a day. I have not seen this before in previous versions either.

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

That folder seems to collect diagnostics such as full memory dumps and mini dump files but as to why so many and the amount keeps growing? Is the presence of these files and the fact that more are constantly being created an indication that my installation of ESS is malfunctioning in some way? I am now concerned that my ESS is not functioning properly...

I have been using a PC since 1985 with a intel 286 processor and dos 3.1.  I have at one time or another used almost all the anti virus / security software out there.  For the past five years Eset has been my choice and I am presently running Smart Security 6 on my Windows 7 desktop.  A few months ago I got a laptopwith Windows 8 and only had Windows Defender loaded.  I was excited to find Smart Security 7 Beta being offered.  Given my past experience, I was not surprised that the installation went smoothly and was pleased that it performed a scan of my computer as part of the installation process.  It found and cleaned 11 infections.  My license for the desktop software ends around the begining of November and the license for the beta expires the end of October.  Great timing.  I couldn't be happier.  After less than 1 day I have found no issues with this beta and given my past experience with Eset I really do not expect to find any.

• ESET Insiders

"Wish list"

(+) It would be nice to have end time of scan in table (Tools -> Log files -> Log:Computer scan)

(+) It would be nice to have an option "Export *all* logs to txt file" to avoid selecting log by log, opening, rightclicking, ... would improve time needed for support

Windows 7 64-bit

NOD32 v7.0.28.0

WLM Version 2012 (Build 16.4.3505.0912)

Got a new bug: Microsoft Windows Live Mail (the software client, not the web mail) has been freezing and crashing quite a bit (as in, every time I run it) ever since I installed v7 over v6.  I turned off email scanning in NOD32 and - voila'!  Troubles are gone.  V6 wasn't causing any trouble before.

Edit: definitely confirmed.  I may have to go back to v6 because it locks up my email 100% of the time now.

Is ESET reading this board?

Edited by betona

• ESET Moderators

I have to precise that is the folder C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Diagnostics that is being populated with tens of GB's.

More precisely, now it's with 51,1 GB of  data.

I'm sorry but I have to uninstall v7 beta and install the stable release again.

Hello,

That particular folder is growing on my machine also but not as much as yours. It seems to be adding 2 files totaling around 200 MB every one to two hours. My folder size just hit 3GB and I have only had the beta installed for about 2 days. It seems to be growing at the rate of 1.5 to 2 GB a day. I have not seen this before in previous versions either.

Hello,

That folder seems to collect diagnostics such as full memory dumps and mini dump files but as to why so many and the amount keeps growing? Is the presence of these files and the fact that more are constantly being created an indication that my installation of ESS is malfunctioning in some way? I am now concerned that my ESS is not functioning properly...

Hello,

in that folder dumps of ESET service are being written in case of crash.

Please pack last few ones together with ESET SysInspector log, upload them to safe location and send me a private message with download link and reference to this post.

In the meantime you can disable creating of next ones by following these steps:

Open ESET Smart Security/ ESET NOD32 Antivirus -> press F5 -> Tools -> Diagnostics -> select "do not generate memory dump" from the Dump type drop-down menu and confirm by OK.

Regards,