ESET Smart Security 7 Beta & ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7 Beta Released – Give Feedback and win

I like the new icon. Seems no security issues. Wrote a "virus" in C which was suppose to terminate the program. Taskkill didn't work since it's protected with a password,tried deleting .dlls in ESET folder and a registry exploit which supposed to stop the program from running on startup,but with no success... Even tried the Black Hole and Zeroday exploits and the virus is efficient in detecting those threats.

When I installed I had "Web-access protection" problems but an update just fixed that. Currently best antivirus.

Just installed the beta with no problems and I'm currently running Smart Scan and First scan. Things seem to be unfolding without error.

With both scans it would be nice to see the percent completed, since it's hard to discern just when it`s close to completion. The expanded view is almost worse since it provides the number of objects scanned and close to the end (bar graph) there are still thousands of objects being (left to be) scanned. (i.e. without the bar graph changing, the number of scanned items went from 170000 to over 220000.

I did have some problems creating my account and logging into the Forum and I'll have to see whether they repeat.

Ron

• Administrators

Just installed the beta with no problems and I'm currently running Smart Scan and First scan. Things seem to be unfolding without error.

I wouldn't recommend running the 2 scans at once because:

1, Smart scan scans the same files as the First-time scan

2, running more scans at once will slow down the performance, especially if files are to be read from different physical locations on the disk at a time.

Hello, I have downloaded and installed the beta version of ESET seventh generation of beta some comments and suggestions.

First of all, I think the new version of ESET tray icon looks good, to look good than 5.6.

Why is the interface with the sixth edition of the same?

I want to increase the HIPS command-line detection, improved cloud reputation, increase sandbox

• Administrators

It won't update the virus signature database, just stays on update progress 0/0

Try to update again. A larger update has been released due to changes in existing signatures so update servers may be overloaded at times. However, I've tried updating from different servers and update was downloaded at the first attempt fine.

Guest Eduard Gerardo Vega lopez

parese que la funcion de licencias no esta aun del todo funcional aun asi el antivirus muestra una visualizacion agradable pero aun asi deverian hacer modificaciones ...mas vistoso tanto a windows 8 ya que la tecnología táctil requerirá mas presicion tando a la ejecucion de los prosesos de escananeo de virus........ aun asi nod 32 a actualizado mucho sus  bases de datos y es impresionante saber que ya estan al dia... aunque me encuentr en el proseso de encontrar las numerosas funciones denod 32 y mirar sus fallos y sus posibles soluciones.......  

Saludos Desde colombia ..: Vdj Angel S32

Oh,I forgot an annoying issue when scanning in the option open scan a the new window-the scan log moves-I have to pause scanning or hold my mouse to stop it from moving and see what I need. I would really like it if ESET would fix this ;)

• Administrators

Oh,I forgot an annoying issue when scanning in the option open scan a the new window-the scan log moves-I have to pause scanning or hold my mouse to stop it from moving and see what I need. I would really like it if ESET would fix this 

To me it behaves as supposed. As long as scrolling log is enabled, the log will scroll automatically. If you need to move through the log during a scan, disable scrolling.

1. The file submission window appears behind an opened window.

2. User guide (v7): Show protection timeout dialog – Selecting this will cause a dialog window denoting the duration of time left with protection disabled to be displayed any time that you temporarily disable protection from the program menu or in the ESET NOD32 Antivirus > Setup section.

The option is absent.

3. User guide (v7): If desired, you can quarantine any suspicious file manually by clicking Quarantine.... If this is the case, the original file will not be removed from its original location.

It will be removed from its original location. Do i misunderstand that?

Edited by Ego_Dekker

Right-click on the EICAR test file → “Scan without cleaning” → “Show details...” → click the “Close” button (dark grey). The entry string disappears in the “Computer Scan” window. Actual for v6 and v7.

Guest Lukas

ESET Smart Security in version 7 features many small improvements:

·Vulnerability shield – More advanced filtering options to detect various types of attacks and vulnerabilities that can be carried out against your computer.

·Device control – A replacement of Removable media used in version 5 and 6. This module allows you to scan, block or adjust extended filters/permissions and select how the user can access and work with a given device.

·Advanced memory scanner – Scans applications when their state is changed, looking for what possibly could be found as suspicious/malwarelike behavior.

·Firewall improvements – In the new version of ESET Smart Security you can adjust and manage IDS exceptions and temporary IP address blacklist. The IDS detection notification system is now more readable, less scary and more informative.

·Anti-phishing improvements – Blocking of scam sites was added. Submitting of suspicious sites and false positive sites by users.

·Specialized cleaners – Bundle of top 3-5 most prevalent critical malware which commonly cause problems.

·Faster and more reliable installation including first scan started in 20 minutes after installation or reboot.

·Mail plugin compatibility – Our plugin is now integrated within new version of Office 2013 and Windows Live Mail.

·Improved compatibility in Windows 8 – ESET SysRescue is now fully functional on Windows 8.

36241c56c94ca5df9fc8b0528b6e6bc1355.png

I finded bug when i press yes nothing happend :

a0cf1618cf21806b77defd50173c804d336.png

Eset blocked 29/30 web links, 0 to 1 day old links!

Eset detected 745/778 files, 95.76%, 3 to 4 day old files

Eset blocked the missed web link once i executed it

98 megabytes of ram with 2 running proccess

Eset Smart Security 7 did really well in my testings

i have another replied post because i didn't know you have to have an account, so disregard the "ilir ivezaj" post!

See attachment for more details on the eset smart security 7 beta review!

Review.pdf

Can we have the Removable Media Protection option back in Setup to disable and enable it easier?

The tray icon and desktop icon doesn't look as good as previous versions.

Two things that I really like about Eset is the performance and low false positive.  I hope Eset still continue to consider performance as top priority after v7.
Edited by nestek

Guest Mariano

I prodotti Eset in particolare Nod32 lo usavo nel 2006 con la mitica ver. 2.7,oggi provo la beta 7 di Nod32 antivirus.Penso che Nod32 è il miglior antivirus in circolazione,molto potente oggi la beta usa scan memoria,per malware conbinati,la sua scan. è allucinante veloce senza falsi positivi molto preciso il motore antivirus,poi una cosa la devo dire Nod32 usa un modulo Anti-Phissing molto potente blocca siti,script maligni che molti antivirus blasonati non rilevano proprio,Anti-Rootkit che fa bene il suo lavoro.Una cosa che non mi convince molto è che l icona dell occhio della ver. 6 si è trasformato nell E di Eset,però quando scansiona quell occhio celeste mi piace molto,colore rilassante.Che dire io non lo cambierei con nessuna soluzione antivirus,lui risulta Veloce,Potente,Leggero,usa un Real-Time molto potente io penso che sia il migliore ottima integrazione con Windows 8,oggi lo istalli lo aggiorni ,dimentichi tutte le tipologie di virus,poi vi dò una dritta se lo provate con uno Spyware vedrete la sua potenza,rileva qualsiasi Spyware.Voto 10.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

This is done when you enable detection of Potentially Unwanted Applications in the software.  This is the category under which most of those browser-modifying programs are detected.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Add Unsolicited Browser Toolbar/Add-on Blocker or Remover.

Test System:
Win7 64-bit
NOD32 Antivirus v6 was already existing on the system.

Success: The v7 Antivirus install uninstalled v6 successfully, and accepted my existing NOD32 registration.

Bug: The first scan progress bar showed "almost completed" for at least 5 hours while scanning about 650 gigs.  The popup scanning window view showed 99% completed the entire time.

Issue: The same first scan results showed me one "threat found", but I had no easy way of telling what or where it was while the scan continued to run for hours.  The next day I found the filtering buried in the controls.  The threat was a .part file - a partially downloaded file that I'm fairly sure NOD v6 stopped previously.  The UI during the scan should have a way to immediately handle the issue (surprisingly, it did not put it into the quarantine either).  I manually deleted it simply by running CCleaner real quick in an effort to hurry up the long NOD32 scan by removing a bunch of browser cache files.

Issue: While this first scan was running, the system was markedly slower.  It ran much longer than I expected.

Issue: After a few days of use, seems like the system is busy a lot, the disk drives are busy doing something when nothing is going on.  My email software is responding slower than it was under NOD v6  Investigating, I see EKRN.EXE being active a lot too.  It just feels slower.

Edit: email troubles cropped up; posted second message later in this thread.

Edited by betona

Hello,

This is done when you enable detection of Potentially Unwanted Applications in the software.  This is the category under which most of those browser-modifying programs are detected.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Add Unsolicited Browser Toolbar/Add-on Blocker or Remover.

You mean "Unwanted" or "Unsafe"? If not, what does Unsafe detect? Thank you. 

Guest jester

no problems with the install

the prog did not create a programgroup on my laptop-win7-x64

Guest Tom Zolnierczyk

Removed other anti-virus app, installed Eset Security package in Windows 8, x64. The installation took longer that I have suspected to the point that message "Installing drivers" were hanging and blinking. I waited and it all finished installation and quick scan started.

I have checked the file transfer over the homegroup network (700+ MB) and the transfer speed is very nice comparing my previous protection solution. Did not notice any slow downs yet.