Bought Internet Security for both of my laptops but forgot about my phone

Hello, so basically the topic says it all i have an old huawei, which I basically use for phone calls, social media and music - nothing special. While inspecting my new AV under Network Inspector saw my phone which, I forgot about . If it potentially infects my wi-fi, is my internet security block the infected signals that that It could send to my other two devices (laptops) that are equipped  with Internet Security. Especially the network feature, which has pretty cool protections. 

I recently called my internet provider to ask something like: that devices won't have any connections with each other - maybe that could help ? (not sure I explained very correctly) I recently found out about this options and I don't really know how does it work if the whole router is infected.

I once have my router breached, then my laptop connected to it (even equiped with ESET firewall) was also breached. No idea how the intruder managed to do this.

Welcome Tio,

I am not familiar with your phone model, but may offer some suggestions. I use a three seat ESET internet security and a two seat ESET mobile security for our phones very happy with both and the mobile version is very reasonably priced (if it would work on your mobile).

Another option would be to see if your router allows a guest network and if it would also have an option to isolate main wi-fi and guest. This would make clients on the guest network (your phone) incapable of direct communication with main network. This gives some piece of mind.  

Nothing can replace keeping a watchful eye on things, keeping your router firmware up to date and your operating systems on all devices.

Hope you enjoy the ESET products - ebill

7 hours ago, ebill said:

Welcome Tio,

I am not familiar with your phone model, but may offer some suggestions. I use a three seat ESET internet security and a two seat ESET mobile security for our phones very happy with both and the mobile version is very reasonably priced (if it would work on your mobile).

Another option would be to see if your router allows a guest network and if it would also have an option to isolate main wi-fi and guest. This would make clients on the guest network (your phone) incapable of direct communication with main network. This gives some piece of mind.  

Nothing can replace keeping a watchful eye on things, keeping your router firmware up to date and your operating systems on all devices.

Hope you enjoy the ESET products - ebill

Yeah I heard about it and I am planning to do in the near future, thanks for the input. Problem is I have old huawei and the software is old , for almost a year nothing really happened, since I dont do apps besides the facebook, istagram, deezer , youtube , shazam , twitch ofc the facebook messenger and viber and I rarely go the the internet( google chrome). 

I have been thinking-  under Network Inspector - Scan your network this could be a nice way for checking ? 

10 hours ago, Daidai said:

I once have my router breached, then my laptop connected to it (even equiped with ESET firewall) was also breached. No idea how the intruder managed to do this.

shiiet, I have a very router provided by my internet company and I am thinking to upgrade my router o.O maybe that will prevent future breaches