Is Smart Security V6 100% Compatible With W8.1 64Bit?

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi

right now i'm running smart security v7 last built  under w8.1 64bit

i don't want to test the beta

may i ask if v6 is full compatible with w8.1 ?

thanks

• Administrators

Compatibility with latest operating systems or service packs is added to the latest versions of ESET's products for obvious reasons. You should install the latest v7 (not v6) on Windows 8.1.

Compatibility with latest operating systems or service packs is added to the latest versions of ESET's products for obvious reasons. You should install the latest v7 (not v6) on Windows 8.1.

i'm running the lastest version ,but seems that v6 works better

v6 is faster,v7 give me a lag before running premiere pro cc 2014 or photoshop cc 2014

It'd be better to analyze the issue than downgrading to v6 which doesn't provide as good protection against new malware as v7 does.

yes thanks

but my concern is if v6 is full compatible with w8.1 , at leat i can try to use for a while and try to find what causes the lag

Can't you try to see if you also have the lag with the V8 Beta or not?

If you do experience the lag, then it's better to troubleshoot with V8 so you can use that version than go back to V6 IMO.

It'd be better to analyze the issue than downgrading to v6 which doesn't provide as good protection against new malware as v7 does.

Can't you try to see if you also have the lag with the V8 Beta or not?

If you do experience the lag, then it's better to troubleshoot with V8 so you can use that version than go back to V6 IMO.

hi

i have disabled advanced heuristics on file execution and lag disapear V7 and w8.1 pro 64

weird with prev versions enabled i did not notice a  lag

can somebody try it ?

thanks

post-1187-0-73221600-1411667650_thumb.jpg

Edited by mantra

Thanks for your update.

So is it only with "premiere pro cc 2014 or photoshop cc 2014" that you experience the lag with AH enabled on file execution?

Do you have actually Live Grid enabled? Didn't you disable Smart optimization in the advanced Real-time protection setup?

hi Marcos

yes , i do i have live grid enabled and i have smart optimiztion enabled in advanced real time protection

why?

should i disable them ?

Edited by mantra

Thanks for your update.

So is it only with "premiere pro cc 2014 or photoshop cc 2014" that you experience the lag with AH enabled on file execution?

yes , the other software running ok

did you notice a lag with ah enabled or disabled under w8.1?

• Administrators

Do you have actually Live Grid enabled? Didn't you disable Smart optimization in the advanced Real-time protection setup?

hi Marcos

yes , i do i have live grid enabled and i have smart optimiztion enabled in advanced real time protection

why?

should i disable them ?

No, I was just asking because in that case, even if you had Adv. heur. enabled on file execution (strongly recommended), the file would be omitted from scanning the next time you run; ie. there wouldn't be even a slight delay.

hi Marcos

why?

should i disable them ?

No, I was just asking because in that case, even if you had Adv. heur. enabled on file execution (strongly recommended), the file would be omitted from scanning the next time you run; ie. there wouldn't be even a slight delay.

hi

instead the adv heur. enabled cause a slight deleay only for the software listed and only the first time i load , the second time is amazing fast

but does adv. heur. cause a slight dalay even with hi-end pc ?

• Administrators
  • Solution

Code emulation is always a time and resource intensive process. That said, although it takes less time to emulate a code on fast systems, it's never that fast that it would compare to running the code in a real environment.

Code emulation is always a time and resource intensive process. That said, although it takes less time to emulate a code on fast systems, it's never that fast that it would compare to running the code in a real environment.

thanks

i turn it on

in short it's only a very short lag

but adv.heur. not only enabled  in the screenshot but even in real time threatsense engine parameters->setup and under advanced setup (sub menu)

it is  weird

• Administrators

thanks

i turn it on

but adv.heur. not only enabled  in the screenshot but even in real time threatsense engine parameters->setup and under advanced setup (sub menu)

it is  weird

I wouldn't recommend enabling AH in the ThreatSense setup otherwise every PE file would be emulated upon access which would unnecessarily affect the performance if you use more not so popular / prevalent apps. Leave it enabled on execution only if you experience performance issues.

thanks

i turn it on

it is  weird

I wouldn't recommend enabling AH in the ThreatSense setup otherwise every PE file would be emulated upon access which would unnecessarily affect the performance if you use more not so popular / prevalent apps. Leave it enabled on execution only if you experience performance issues.

ok thanks!