ESET "Restart Required" need restarted from the ESET product not from computer

Hello,

I have update ESET to new version 9.1, After update will require restart but when client shutdown computer and startup the computer ESET still require, I know if I run task reboot form Management or run command Shutdown/r on client will disappear. 

But I don't need to do that, need just client shutdown and then stratup pc.

Do you have any solution?

Turn off fast startup in Windows settings. You can do this from ESET Protect with task, running command powercfg -h off.

Shame on ESET they can't solve this more correctly for years.

• ESET Insiders

Since Windows 8 a shutdown and startup is not the same as a reboot, but kind of a light hibernation.

if you do a reboot from the start menu it will work as well.

As karlisi mentioned, disabling fast boot will revert to the old behavior.

Theres not much else to do about it as it is behavior by design from Microsoft 

• Administrators
14 hours ago, karlisi said:

Shame on ESET they can't solve this more correctly for years.

As @rekun has correctly pointed out, it's a behavior by design from Microsoft. I assume you don't expect to disable fast boot automatically by ESET on behalf of the user.

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

As @rekun has correctly pointed out, it's a behavior by design from Microsoft. I assume you don't expect to disable fast boot automatically by ESET on behalf of the user.

Yes, I expect to disable fast boot by ESET for one off/on cycle or one restart. Why not? Are there any legal or technical problems?

In fact, I am already doing this, I have dynamic group, where goes all endpoints with alerts Restart required, and task which disables fast startup. Then I have another dynamic group where goes all endpoints without that alert, for this group task enables fast startup. Not ideal solution, but it works. And I believe, ESET can make this more elegantly.

• ESET Insiders

I guess it is not considered an antivirus solutions job to change the behavior of the OS, especially when it’s not security related like in this case.

When using the new auto update feature, it does not matter that a true reboot might take several weeks to happen, as it is fully protected in the mean time