migrating to new eset protect

Go to solution Solved by nikolapavlovic,

My current Eset Protect is running on a very old Windows Server 2012 R2 and we plan on retiring it. For testing the new installation i used Rocky Linux 8.6 and i have successfully installed all server components and logged in to web console. On the old console i created a policy that instructs the agent to connect to new console (i have referred to this post ). I can see the policy applied to the computer but its not registering to the new console. New server has no firewall. There is a firewall device between the computer and server and i have allowed port 2222 between. Any ideas?

• Administrators

First of all, I would recommend to start with migrating just one client to make sure it works and only then continue with some other machines, etc.

Did you follow the instructions at https://help.eset.com/protect_install/90/en-US/migration_same_version.html, especially with regard to exporting and importing certificates?

You can also check C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html and trace.log on clients for detailed errors.

20 minutes ago, Marcos said:

First of all, I would recommend to start with migrating just one client to make sure it works and only then continue with some other machines, etc.

Did you follow the instructions at https://help.eset.com/protect_install/90/en-US/migration_same_version.html, especially with regard to exporting and importing certificates?

You can also check C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html and trace.log on clients for detailed errors.

I have tested using only one computer and yes i did follow the instructions you linked. I have exported and imported the certificates and i have opted not to migrate the DB. I am attaching a pair of screenshots, in screenshot1 you can see that its connecting to 10.1.103.60 which is my current console. In second screenshot you can see a policy called agent migration policy that one should make it connect to the new console but its not appearing. Is there something else i need to do?

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Edited by nikolapavlovic

• Administrators

It looks like if status.html was from the server and not from a client that is failing to connect to the new ESET PROTECT server.

• Solution

Update: i have managed to migrate a client laptop to new test ESET PROTECT server, it seems our network team has made a mess of our firewall and despite me adding a rule to allow traffic it was in fact blocked. The moment they fixed this issue the device appeared on new server. This thread may be closed