Where EXACTLY are exclusions storred?

rotaru
Go to solution Solved by rotaru,

I created an exclusion, see attached. The message says that exclusions can be seen in "Advanced Setup"

If I click "Advanced Setup" the whole menu opens.

Where exactly are the "exclusions"????

Exclusions.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hello, 

Reinstalled ESET as my relation with it is on-again-off-again.

"Exclusions" are scattered all over "Advanced Setup" in at least 5-6 places 

• once under "Detection Engine"
  • once under "Real Time file system protection"
  • once under "Malware Scans"

and so on.

Why you cannot design an "user friendly" interface , with only one place for "Exclusions" as normal thinking would suggest?????

• Administrators

There are 2 types of exclusions for file scanners - performance and detection exclusions, both located at the same place under Detection engine -> Exclusions.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

There are 2 types of exclusions for file scanners - performance and detection exclusions, both located at the same place under Detection engine -> Exclusions.

So, what are the "Exclusions" under "Real Time file system protection" and "Malware Scans" for???

• Administrators

Under real-time protection there are process exclusions which are applied only by real-time protection (logically these exclusions don't make sense for other scanners).

Under Malware scans the user can exclude specific exclusions for the particular malware scanner, e..g if the user wants to scans specific files only with specific on-demand scan profiles.

14 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Under Malware scans the user can exclude specific exclusions for the particular malware scanner, e..g if the user wants to scans specific files only with specific on-demand scan profiles.

So, why not having a single place for "Exclusion". like any other antivirus, in order to avoid confusion and to make the process less cumbersome????

How many user you know who "wants to scans specific files only with specific on-demand scan profiles."  ? 1%? 2%? so the rest of 98% have to endure the over sophistication of the menu????? 

• Most Valued Members
6 hours ago, Marcos said:

Under real-time protection there are process exclusions which are applied only by real-time protection (logically these exclusions don't make sense for other scanners).

I will add I have seen this confusion coming up a few times. Maybe it would be handy if there was a general exclusion area. You could even possibly keep the individual ones but also a general area that had each one and explained what they where.

I think people see the individual ones and get confused, not knowing which one to use

• Solution
5 hours ago, peteyt said:

Maybe it would be handy if there was a general exclusion area

A general "Exclusion" area, an easily reachable "Quarantine", a one click info about last update and a single "ThreatSenese parameters / Cleaning " location.

Why an user has to set "cleaning" in 4-5 places??? It is very unlikely that an user would want "Always remedy detection" in one section and "Always ask the end-user" in other section.