Upgrading to ESET Internet Security

Hello, I have couple of laptops that are with eset nod32 AV, i've been thinking to upgrade one of the laptops , which the banking and some important stuff are done there but besides that activities this laptop is barely in use. I also want to use the wi-fi security that the i-net security offers but if the laptop is used rarely is there a point ? Should I just use the Eset I-net Security on the laptop that is used more often ?

Btw do you guys have any discounts on the AV ? Ive been using the AV for about 2 years for multiple devices and was wondering .

EIS is a good choice since you are hoping to use Wifi and network related events on your Laptops; EIS will help provide the protection you need. If the devices frequently use networks and the internet, it would be best to go ahead with ESSP - ESET Smart Security Premium - this is the top tier suit that provides Live Guard an additional protection component that helps mitigate threats that are totally new and in the wild.

If you only use the laptop for banking and accessing important documents it might sound overkill but that is definitely the laptop you want the better security on. It doesn't matter if you only access it for 1 hour every month. The cost of that laptop being compromised will far outweigh the cost of an ESET License.  

Ideally, you should get the best you can afford for both. But at least with your other device, it will only be non-critical data and some time you would lose by reinstalling everything. But even having the lowest level ESET product should ensure that your device is fine as well.    

17 hours ago, nabeelmansoor said:

EIS is a good choice since you are hoping to use Wifi and network related events on your Laptops; EIS will help provide the protection you need. If the devices frequently use networks and the internet, it would be best to go ahead with ESSP - ESET Smart Security Premium - this is the top tier suit that provides Live Guard an additional protection component that helps mitigate threats that are totally new and in the wild.

Hey, thank you for the input. ESET SCP is a little bit out of my reach atm, since I have to buy 2 AV's I just saw that if u buy for 2 devices it gets cheaper the EIS, same goes  for ESET SCP but it still out of my reach. Quick question I just saw there are coupons , when I press "redeem" it directs me to the site to buy it. Any clarification how this work exactly ? And i suppose there are new coupon deals for every month ?

54 minutes ago, TheStill said:

If you only use the laptop for banking and accessing important documents it might sound overkill but that is definitely the laptop you want the better security on. It doesn't matter if you only access it for 1 hour every month. The cost of that laptop being compromised will far outweigh the cost of an ESET License.  

Ideally, you should get the best you can afford for both. But at least with your other device, it will only be non-critical data and some time you would lose by reinstalling everything. But even having the lowest level ESET product should ensure that your device is fine as well.    

I heard that the banks secure their site's very well , no matter if ur device is infected it might not affect the banking site since its extra secured from the banks or its ? 

3 hours ago, Tio said:

Hey, thank you for the input. ESET SCP is a little bit out of my reach atm, since I have to buy 2 AV's I just saw that if u buy for 2 devices it gets cheaper the EIS, same goes  for ESET SCP but it still out of my reach. Quick question I just saw there are coupons , when I press "redeem" it directs me to the site to buy it. Any clarification how this work exactly ? And i suppose there are new coupon deals for every month ?

Hey Tio,

Glad to help. If there is a redeem coupon available you could use it when checking out with EIS. There should be a coupon field where you will be able to redeem the code.

Banks generally have implemented strict policies that secure online transactions, however that being said, if your local devices gets infected by a keylogging malware or similar your usernames and passwords can be captured. EIS will help protect you again this with their technology and Secure browsing option. Remember to implement a Two Factor authentication on your bank account so that you get alerted on mobile/email that will provide you with an OTP (One Time Password) to continue. 

Edited by nabeelmansoor

5 hours ago, nabeelmansoor said:

Hey Tio,

Glad to help. If there is a redeem coupon available you could use it when checking out with EIS. There should be a coupon field where you will be able to redeem the code.

Banks generally have implemented strict policies that secure online transactions, however that being said, if your local devices gets infected by a keylogging malware or similar your usernames and passwords can be captured. EIS will help protect you again this with their technology and Secure browsing option. Remember to implement a Two Factor authentication on your bank account so that you get alerted on mobile/email that will provide you with an OTP (One Time Password) to continue. 

EIS it is. 

Thank you very much ! I've decided to buy 2 EIS, if you buy for 2 devices the 2nd one (EIS) gets cheaper. 

• Most Valued Members
9 hours ago, Tio said:

I heard that the banks secure their site's very well , no matter if ur device is infected it might not affect the banking site since its extra secured from the banks or its ? 

I would also add that nothing can ever be 100 percent, so it is always good to take things into your own hands.