ESET Endpoint Security 9.0.2046.0 - Problems with Java APP / OpenJVM

Greetings

I have and unknown problem with the version 9.0.2046.0 and applications based on Java / Open JVM:

We use a system based on BASIS that runs with Java 2 update 271, the first problem is when i try to download or print documents using the process splwow64.exe. At this point the system with this ESET version hangs for hours and the only way to stop this process is killing the java session.

The second problem is with BASIS too, but with the new version of the program. This version uses libraries from OPEN JVM to create an independent installer without using a JAVA installation on the pc, when i try to run this installer on a computer with ESET 9.0.2046.0 the systems hang out and the process of communication with the server is stopped.

Both problems are not present with the version 8.1.2050.0 of ESET Endpoint Security and low.

My attempts to resolve this issue until the moment are:

- Disable all the protection process one by one

- Uninstall the ESET Management Agent 

- Installing a clean version of 9.0.2046.0, not generated by my ESET Administrator

- Create politics pointing ports and ip from the servers involved trying to create a DMZ

- Configure ESET to not check the folders or services of JAVA

All of this with no avail.

If is possible, i want some orientation of what service or option in this new version is possibly involved in this error.

Thanks in advance

• Administrators

You could disable each protection feature, one at a time, to narrow it down and then open a support ticket with instructions how to reproduce the issue. However, since the issue doesn't manifest with the latest v9 upgrading to it is strongly recommended. Endpoint 8.1 is fully supported until November 30, 2022, then it will enter limited support.

3 minutes ago, Marcos said:

You could disable each protection feature, one at a time, to narrow it down and then open a support ticket with instructions how to reproduce the issue. However, since the issue doesn't manifest with the latest v9 upgrading to it is strongly recommended. Endpoint 8.1 is fully supported until November 30, 2022, then it will enter limited support.

Thanks for your answer.

As i said, both problems only manifest with the latest 9 version. 

One of my first attempts to resolve this issue was disabling one by one the protection features, with no positive results. The only way i can "unlock" this screens when they hang is uninstalling the antivirus completely. 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, AlexanderG said:

As i said, both problems only manifest with the latest 9 version. 

One of my first attempts to resolve this issue was disabling one by one the protection features, with no positive results. The only way i can "unlock" this screens when they hang is uninstalling the antivirus completely. 

I'm sorry, I misread your post. Just to make sure, did you reboot the machine after temporarily disabling HIPS? Did you disable real-time protection in the advanced setup instead of just pausing it?

23 hours ago, Marcos said:

I'm sorry, I misread your post. Just to make sure, did you reboot the machine after temporarily disabling HIPS? Did you disable real-time protection in the advanced setup instead of just pausing it?

Hello again

It took some time but i make some test based on disabling one by one the protections. It seems like "Eset Live Grid" have some issues with this software in particular.

- When i disable this option i can work (download pdf´s) and install the new version without issue.

- With Eset Live Grid enabled, i left the machine hang on the night to see if in some point resume communication and it did, but i´m not sure how many hours this take.

Now the dilemma is how identify why this particular option is messing with this software.

• Administrators

If you don't get any detection alert, then LiveGrid should not have any effect on the issue since it merely provides the scanners with information from cloud.

Please open a support ticket for further investigation.