ESET Firewall blocking Microsoft Store from the Internet

Hey there, so I'm having a bit of a strange issue. ESET's Firewall seems to be partially blocking the Microsoft Store , so it cannot download or update apps. I only noticed this yesterday, so I am unsure how long it has been an issue. Less than a week if I were to guess, as I tend to update my Store apps once a week.

Completely turning off the ESET firewall allows the Microsoft store to function normally.

Turning off SSL/TLS Filtering does not allow the Microsoft Store to function normally.

I've added the certificates from https://login.microsoft.com | https://displaycatalog.mp.microsoft.com | https://da.xbox.services.com | https://sfdataservice.microsoft.com to the list of known certificates.

In the "List of SSL/TLS filtered applications" I've set the Microsoft store to Scan, Ignore, and Ask and all result in the store still not functioning.

I've added the Microsoft Store to the list of Excluded Apps for Protocol Filtering.

I've added StoreDesktopExtension.exe and WinStore.App.exe to the Firewall rules list to allow all communication, both in and out, for any protocol.

I've reset the Microsoft Store and I've used Powershell to uninstall and reinstall it. I've run the Troubleshooter for the Store. I've cleared the SoftwareDistribution folder. I've turned on and off TLS 1.2 in Windows. I've turned on and off IPv6. I've ipconfig /release | /flushdns | /renew as well as nbtstat -r | netsh int IP reset | netsh winsock reset.

I have also done the Network Reset option in Windows.

I've updated my BIOS and installed the latest Intel NIC drivers directly from Intel. I've tried both wired and wireless connections.

Any ideas as to what is going on? 😅 Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Oh, I've also tried both with and without a VPN, as well as tried with a new user account. And I set my ESET updater to Pre-release updates; though I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling ESET.

Edited by Neutrinos

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reproduce the issue
  3. Stop logging
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here (only the ESET staff can access attachments).

Ok, I've generated the logs but the .zip file is 1.72GB even though I set it to only 1 day 😅 Should I upload it to Google Drive and private message you the link?

Also, if it helps parse through the logs, here are the exact steps I did:

- Turn on advanced logging

- Open the Microsoft Store

- Try to download one app twice, and a 2nd app once

- Close the Store

- Pause Firewall via right-clicking the ESET tray icon

- Reopen the Store

- Download one app, wait for it to install

- Close Store

- Resume Firewall

- Reopen Store

- Try to download app (it fails)

- Close Store and then turn off advanced logging

EDIT: Also wanted to put in that I've tried it with the ESET firewall set to Automatic and Interactive (I normally have it set to Interactive) though I didn't do the switching from Interactive to Automatic while advanced logging was turned on.

Edited by Neutrinos

18 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reproduce the issue
  3. Stop logging
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here (only the ESET staff can access attachments).

I haven't heard back from you about whether I should private message you the link to Google Drive, so I've saved the link in a .txt file and attached it to this message!

ESET Logs on Google Drive.txt

• Administrators

Please remove this Microsoft certificate from the list of known certificates in the SSL/TLS setup. It was added either manually or in interactive mode:

png.png