update authorization failed check if your license is valid

Go to solution Solved by zahra dehghani,

dear administrator,

i updated my ESET internet security to 15 and purchased a new license for to devices. my mobile works but my laptop with windows 10 operating system doesn't update at all. it has the error which i wrote in title. i uninstalled several times and reactivate it but the same error remained. my ESET id is 3AS-VUV-WFW. i would be appreciated if you help me. thanks.

• Administrators

I've just checked your license, it's valid until 04/02/2023 and can download updates from update servers alright. Could you confirm that the issue has been resolved in the mean time?

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Run update to reproduce the issue
  3. Stop logging
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here (only the ESET staff can access attachments).

• Administrators

The registry values are mangled plus you have an older v14 installed. Please carry on as follows:
1, Uninstall ESET
2, Run the ESET Uninstall tool in safe mode to make sure it's removed completely.
3, Download and install the latest v15.1 from www.eset.com.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, zahra dehghani said:

i did. but now i can't install and activate eset

Please elaborate more. What happens when you run the installer?

when i was downloading and install, it didn't activate. after a few try it didn't download and had an error about bad gateway.

error code win 1603. i restarted several times but its situation didn't changed and i can't install it.

• Administrators

Did you really run the ESET Uninstall tool in safe mode? In the last install log I still see:

ESET: Detected broken previous installation
ESET: Failed to fix MSI registry.

Should the problem persist, I'd recommend opening a support ticket since a Procmon log from installation will be needed for perusal.

• Most Valued Members
On 6/11/2022 at 8:41 AM, zahra dehghani said:

and i did uninstallation in safe mode.

Did you just uninstal the product in safe mode or did you use the eset uninstaller tool Marcos gave above.

Uninstalling via the normal windows method sometimes can leave traces while using the uninstall special tool is designed to remove all traces

https://support.eset.com/en/kb2289-uninstall-eset-manually-using-the-eset-uninstaller-tool