Nod32 Not Updating Signature Database

GreyGhost
Go to solution Solved by GreyGhost,

• Administrators

Update servers may be temporarily overloaded due to a larger update that has been released. You can attempt to update ESET manually or simply wait until it updates automatically.

I manually ran my updater...it now shows downloaded signature 10425 (20140916)...i have one client on a alptop who updates via internet if he cant see ERA server and he is at 10437...all the rest of my endpoints show 10435

Same here.  My NOD32 Antivirus 4 (Business Edition) was stuck on 10434 and wouldn't update, manually or otherwise.  It continued to say "Update of the virus signature database not necessary" and "The installed virus signature database is current."  Of course, I knew it was not current.  These signatures were over 24 hours old.  Suddenly, right after I created an account on forum.eset.com to post this comment, it finally allowed me to manually update to the current signatures (10440).  This manual update procedure had failed to work, many times today.  Strange.

• Administrators

This manual update procedure had failed to work, many times today.  Strange.

Not that strange. If update servers are pretty busy, it may take some time until update succeeds. By running manual update you won't lower the traffic on the servers, however, the more times you try the bigger chance an update server will be able to serve the update. To make it clear, this was an unusually large update downloaded by all users (11-33 MB), hence it took longer for everyone to get updated. If you update regularly, basically all further updates will be only about a few kB in size.

Same here.  My NOD32 Antivirus 4 (Business Edition) was stuck on 10434 and wouldn't update, manually or otherwise.  It continued to say "Update of the virus signature database not necessary" and "The installed virus signature database is current."  Of course, I knew it was not current.  These signatures were over 24 hours old.  Suddenly, right after I created an account on forum.eset.com to post this comment, it finally allowed me to manually update to the current signatures (10440).  This manual update procedure had failed to work, many times today.  Strange.

I have the same problem. Nod says ''The installed virus signature database is current." even though I have the old signature database  

With the manual update also need to try several times to update

One of the Helpers from here has started a thread at Wilders forums. :huh:

hxxp://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/nod32-not-updating-virus-database-18-sept-2014.368331/

I wouldn't expect ESET staff to monitor two threads on different forums. I've made ESET aware of this ongoing problem via email as it is a problem.

Installed NOD32 to a new PC and after the 1st update, it shows:

Virus signature database: 10417 (20140915)

Tried clicking update button but still shows the above info.

Edited by miyagi

Thanks Siljaline. Will wait for couple of days to settle. I still love ESET!

Most welcome ! ESET have issued an ALERT - Regular updates may take longer than normal—large update size is due to significant product upgrades

The latest ESET product update is larger than usual and may cause longer than expected download times.

The rest of the ALERT -  hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=ALERT41 | note that this link will die once the issue is resolved.

ESET are working on it. Flush your update caches and let your software do the rest of the work. Not having the absolute latest virus signature definitions is not the end of the planet.

This is an abnormal situation which has been explained already and is in the process of being remedied (fixed).

Thanks for choosing ESET.

• Most Valued Members

Not having the absolute latest virus signature definitions is not the end of the planet.

Phew!  ;)

Thanks for providing a solution regarding this update issue - I noticed the database installed is still from a few days ago even after manual updates, but I'll flush the update cache and simply wait.

Edited by planet

Not having the absolute latest virus signature definitions is not the end of the planet.

Phew!  ;)

:D

And it is also not the end of the world. :P

• Administrators

My Eset Smart security is not updating 2 days ago. Why/

Updates should work fine at the moment. If you attempt to update several times, does it make a difference? Just in case, also make sure that you're using a legit version with a valid username/password, not a cracked one.

Updates should work fine at the moment. If you attempt to update several times, does it make a difference? Just in case, also make sure that you're using a legit version with a valid username/password, not a cracked one.

OK, good to know, but a few hours ago (about 12:00 AM UTC-00) I tried to update ESET SysRescue Live and it didn't work.

• Administrators

The update servers are still heavily loaded at times as not all users have downloaded the unusually large update yet. In order to keep the discussion on this topic at one place, please continue here. Having said that, we'll draw this topic to a close.