Eset mobile scanning question

Hello everyone, there's a thing I've been wondering about the Mobile Security app scanning algorithm, would it be able to detect Windows malware hiding inside the device? I know that any virus targeted for windows obviously would not work on Android but my concern is over due to the use of the phone as a flash drive. And if it does not scan for windows virus inside the phone, is there any way to make it search for it?

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, Hatus said:

Hello everyone, there's a thing I've been wondering about the Mobile Security app scanning algorithm, would it be able to detect Windows malware hiding inside the device? I know that any virus targeted for windows obviously would not work on Android but my concern is over due to the use of the phone as a flash drive. And if it does not scan for windows virus inside the phone, is there any way to make it search for it?

Yes it should detect them as the updates in ESET package contains from all systems

Try to download an eicar test file to your phone , ESET should detect it https://www.eicar.org/download-anti-malware-testfile/

Edited by Nightowl

• ESET Moderators

Hello @Hatus,

the Detection engine on Android is capable of detecting samples targeting the platform.

Detection engine used in the ESET products for desktop / servers can detect samples targeting other platforms as well...

Peter

• Most Valued Members
59 minutes ago, Peter Randziak said:

Hello @Hatus,

the Detection engine on Android is capable of detecting samples targeting the platform.

Detection engine used in the ESET products for desktop / servers can detect samples targeting other platforms as well...

Peter

But it also could stop the EICAR test file as far as I recall.

Is there any way to make ESET Mobile to scan for virus from other platforms as well like the Windows/Linux version does?

• ESET Moderators

This is not possible, as it does not contain the complete Detection engine and related modules.

It is recommended to have all the systems protected by ESET Security to ensure the protection of them.

Peter