Eset Online Scanner effectivity

Hello everyone, good morning/afternoon/evening.
I was hoping that someone could help me with a doubt I have, recently at work, I have been suspecting that a computer at my office is infected and I wanted to know how effective would the online scanner would be. For example, would it have any type of threat it couldn't remove or even detect depending on the malware?

• Most Valued Members
25 minutes ago, Hatus said:

Hello everyone, good morning/afternoon/evening.
I was hoping that someone could help me with a doubt I have, recently at work, I have been suspecting that a computer at my office is infected and I wanted to know how effective would the online scanner would be. For example, would it have any type of threat it couldn't remove or even detect depending on the malware?

It would act same as scanner module in any of ESET's products if I am not mistaken , but for sure you are not having any kind of real-time protection or other protections that ESET provide

This is only a scanner that will connect and download updates and scan your computer and that's it.

• Administrators

If you suspect a computer to be infected, it's better to install ESET and activate a trial version if you don't have a license rather than just using the online scanner which is less effective due to missing other protection features.