Version 9.0.12012.0 - Windows updates required no longer reports to Protect Server

Go to solution Solved by StooIT,

Hi there,

We've noticed that since updating our servers to version 9.0.12012.0 that where a server would report through via the ESET client (or agent, I'm not sure which) that it has Windows updates to install, and this would show as a "warning" in the device information in the web UI for ESET protect.

The on server ESET Server Security UI shows that Windows updates are available, but this is now an "informational blue" colour, whereas this would report to the UI in yellow (as well as the systray icon).

This has changed since a previous version, such as v8, shows these in yellow.

I would like to reinstate this yellow warning, as it helps our admin team identify which servers need Windows updates, and which they've already done without having to share a spreadsheet :)

Hope you can help fix this.

Thanks.

Personally, I think blue is better when it comes to OS updates and leave yellow for actual ESET protection warnings. 

1 minute ago, LesRMed said:

Personally, I think blue is better when it comes to OS updates and leave yellow for actual ESET protection warnings. 

What works for some doesn't work for others, hey. 

Would be nice if there was a choice in that case. 

Could I get an official response to this at all?

Is the change in reporting Windows Updates a bug, a deliberate product change, or something we now have to configure differently (currently using Policies / Settings / Tools / Microsoft Windows Updates > Set to "Important Updates" and above)?

Many thanks. 

cc @Marcos (tagging as you're a good chap) 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still looking for some feedback on this issue. 

I believe this to be a bug, as the Windows 10 endpoints report through to the Protect Server application fine, but servers are not. 

Can this please be checked?

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

As there's been zero response to this thread from ESET directly, I raised a ticket to report this as a bug. 

For others out there wondering why this isn't working anymore, here's the official response from ESET.

I can see internally this been reported by others and its been explained that "This is because we report missing OS updates with informative severity as of v9. Beforehand they were reported with warning severity even if only optional updates were available. "
There is an internal conversation regarding changing this and I will submit a market requirement on your behalf to add weight to this conversation. However, please be aware that any changes that are made (if made) will not be added until version 10 of server security. 

If you want to see this functionality returned, please raise a ticket asking for it to be fixed. If more customers report this, the better the chance of it being sorted out. 

If customers don't want this functionality, they can disable update warnings in the Management Agent policy.