Update EES from SMB-Share fails

thae

Hello community,

I am trying to update my EES 9.0.2032.6 to the latest version over an SMB-Share.

Here are the installed products of the test machine:

image.thumb.png.a9a205304744b07a37061ccfeac583a0.png

I was able to successfully download the mirror data with this filter:

{
    "use_legacy": true,
    "defaults": {
        "languages": [ "de_DE", "en_US", "multilang" ],
        "platforms": [ "x64" ],
		"os_types": ["windows"]
    },
    "products": [
        {
            "app_id": "com.eset.apps.business.ees.windows",
            "version": ">=9.0.2032.6"
        },
		{
            "app_id": "com.eset.apps.business.era.agent",
            "version": ">=9.0.1141.0"
        }
    ]
}

Under the specified path \\MYSERVER\ESETUpdates\Products\Repo\com\eset\apps\business\ees\windows\v9\9.0.2046.0 I see the folders and files ees_arm64.msi.eula, ees_nt32.msi.eula, ees_nt64.msi.eula, uPCU, ees_nt64.msi and ees_nt64.msi.changelog.html

I've set a test policy to change the update path to the custom UNC-path, when I set
\\MYSERVER\ESETUpdates\Products\Repo\
I get the error "Product update failed - Error when creating file" (translated from German).

Then I thought, maybe setting the lowest path possible would work:
\\MYSERVER\ESETUpdates\Products\Repo\com\eset\apps\business\ees\windows\v9\9.0.2046.0
I get the error "Product update failed - File is not available" (translated from German).
I've also set it to the *.msi directly, but that produces the same error.

Every user has access to that folder, the one I am logged in with and the system account.

The module updates are working with the exact same setup and permissions but the product update itself won't work.

Do you guys have any idea what to try next?

• Administrators

I'd recommend opening a support ticket and providing advanced update engine logs from a failed update attempt. Have you tried updating from a local folder instead of the SMB share? Does it work?

32 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I'd recommend opening a support ticket and providing advanced update engine logs from a failed update attempt. Have you tried updating from a local folder instead of the SMB share? Does it work?

When I set it locally, it works.

So yeah, where can I get legacy installers now? For EES 9.0.2032.6. My computer was the last one with that version.

In my offline repo there is no *.msi in the 9.0.2032.6 folder. And I can only see a Module Rollback, but not a Product Rollback in the ESET GUI.
In the ESET Webconsole there is only the version 9.0.2046.0, even when legacy is selected when creating an AiO-Installer.

After I installed the old version I'd create logs and a support ticket.