ESET Support response times

i have already restarted various VM's where v9 was reinstalled because they hung on restart after the upgrade, all start after this reinstallation without problem.
One could assume that this is an initial problem immediately after the upgrade Installation. 

21 hours ago, StefanSa said:

i have already restarted various VM's where v9 was reinstalled because they hung on restart after the upgrade, all start after this reinstallation without problem.
One could assume that this is an initial problem immediately after the upgrade Installation. 

That's what I thought at first too. But when I installed the May OOB update I had several VM stuck at restarting. Resetting the VM causes the update to revert. I'm uninstalling V9 for now.

Edited by FRiC

21 hours ago, Marcos said:

Since the issue occurred again, were you able to generate a complete memory dump from the frozen state? Without a memory dump we cannot determine the root cause of the freeze or provide a fix or information if v8 is affected too or if the issue is caused by Windows and manifests with ESET installed.

Hi Marcos, can you refer some instructions on how to generate a memory dump? My servers are Hyper-V VM's, and the VM's don't appear to be frozen when the issue occurs. Thanks.

• Administrators

We've already released an engine which addresses the issues related to processing mui files. Please check if the issue had been resolved and remove the mui extension from the list of extensions excluded from scanning, if applicable.