Eset Gui Freeze

I'm using ESS latest version (7.0.317.4)  and Windows 7, 32 bit. Today when I try to perform a smart scan,Computer scan tab took more than 7 seconds to load and GUI crashed (Attached screenshot). This happen every time when I click computer scan tab can someone help me to solve this.

post-5173-0-43417900-1410847518_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kasun K

• Administrators

We are already analyzing a dump related to this issue that was provided by rugk. A similar issue was fixed in 7.0.316 but this is probably a different one as you have the latest version installed. Does disconnecting removable devices before selecting "Computer scan" make a difference?

No disconnect removable media didn't make any difference.Switched back to version 7.0.302.26 and everything fine and waiting for the fix.Thanks for the help.

We are already analyzing a dump related to this issue that was provided by rugk.

:o How nice of you to let me now.

Because there was no reply from you either in the PM or in the topic, where I posted my bug report first, I thought you are ignoring this error. And so I posted sometimes that you didn't answered me, so sorry for this.

But a small reply like "Thanks, we are investigating this." would be enough.

So back to you @Kasun K

If you know how you can also make dump files of egui.exe and ekrn.exe. So ESET can analyse them.

Also a main difference between my and your issue is that - if I understood you correctly - your issue appears everytime if you click on "Scan computer" and mine only sometimes.

Edited by rugk