Can i Disable "Exclude communication with trusted domains" ?

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello,

I used THIS guide in the past to block websites. However, it did not work for Reddit.com/r/popular. after researching the web I found out that disabling "Exclude communication with trusted domains" is require for some domains. 

What are the consequences of disabling this option? does it mean that i remove a protection layer and my PC will be less secure?

Thank you in advance

Ariel

• Administrators

You can disable it. ESET will then scan also SSL communication with trusted websites. Perhaps the only drawback is that you will see ESET's root CA certificate instead of the website SSL certificate when clicking the padlock in the address bar.

7 minutes ago, Marcos said:

can also SSL communication with trusted websites

7 minutes ago, Marcos said:

ESET's root CA certificate instead of the website SSL

Thank you.

I Don't exactly know what 'SSL' and 'Certificate' means. so is this drawback something I should be worry about?

what i do understand:

there are websites on a whitelist that ESET don't scan. and if i disable this option ESET will scan every website. so, at the end ESET will "work" more. but I'm not doing something that can be a security risk (even if it's a small one)

Did I understand currently?

• Administrators
  • Solution
10 hours ago, ArielO said:

I Don't exactly know what 'SSL' and 'Certificate' means. so is this drawback something I should be worry about?

There's nothing to worry about, ESET will merely scan even sites considered 100% safe.