How can we enable the potentially  ?

How can we enable the potentially of the unwanted applications or the suspicious applications ? 

OR : Is it better to keep on default ?

I see it is closed with ( off) >> default setting, and cannot be edited to have been changed.

One friend online said " we can increase the ESET resistance against viruses and malwares by doing this step.

So , how while nothing can be changed ?  

May be an image of text that says 'Advanced setup DETECTION ENGINE Real-time file system protection Cloud-based protection Malware scans HIPS TIME & MACHINE LEARNING PROTECTION Malware x Reporting UPDATE Protection Aggressive Balanced Cautious Off NETWORK PROTECTION WEB AND EMAIL Potentially unwanted applications Reporting DEVICE CONTROL Protection TOOLS Balanced AggressveBOf Cautious USER INTERFACE Suspicious applications Reporting NOTIFICATIONS PRIVACY SETTINGS Protection Aggressive Balanced Cautious Off Potentially unsafe applications Reporting Default Aggressive Balanced Cautious AggrsiveBalancGuff Off ©OK Cancel'

6 minutes ago, itman said:

Refer to the below screen shot. Note that default settings for Suspicious applications is "Balanced" and for Potentially Unsafe applications is "Off."

Eset_PUA.thumb.png.1a4c6accb1b3c8f1030cdd3cdb6723db.png

So I change from balance to aggress ?   Is it right ? 

1 minute ago, mohammad Ahmad said:

Is it better to keep on default setting or to change into these steps ? 

I have been running with Aggressive settings for sometime and have had no issues with Eset real-time false positive detections. On the other hand, I don't download and install "dodgy" apps.

Again, its up to you to decide what is best for you.

6 minutes ago, itman said:

I have been running with Aggressive settings for sometime and have had no issues with Eset real-time false positive detections. On the other hand, I don't download and install "dodgy" apps.

Again, its up to you to decide what is best for you.

To tell you frankly, many people say that Eset is a wake antivirus, however, for me I like it 

second thing, in the last month, my PC got infected with ransom virus and all my files got encrypted, so I fear of these viruses .... Anyay, I deleted the virus from my computer doing many methods ..

It is not the time to mention, so for this reason, I want to increase the resistance of the ESET against malwares.

On the other hand, the ESET does not allow the Malwarebytes to work with

Edited by mohammad Ahmad

44 minutes ago, mohammad Ahmad said:

To tell you frankly, many people say that Eset is a wake antivirus, however, for me I like it 

second thing, in the last month, my PC got infected with ransom virus and all my files got encrypted, so I fear of these viruses .... Anyay, I deleted the virus from my computer doing many methods ..

It is not the time to mention, so for this reason, I want to increase the resistance of the ESET against malwares.

On the other hand, the ESET does not allow the Malwarebytes to work with

you got infected with hijacker virus that left your files encrypted. using ESET antivirus?

2 hours ago, mohammad Ahmad said:

Verify Eset ransomware protection is enabled per below screen shot, Also verify that you have not disabled LiveGrid option in Eset GUI since ransomware protection is dependent upon it:

Eset_Ransomware.thumb.png.4f888fb2b1d496b77be02dd5c5471fd9.png

Eset_LiveGrid.thumb.png.c81aede35cd7a905c7f4d02ba25d2f97.png

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members

I should also add what an unwanted application is. The link bellow defines it

https://help.eset.com/glossary/en-US/unwanted_application.html

Basically unwanted programs are programs that aren't technically malware but are greyware. They may try and install extra stuff, change windows settings, have tracking stuff and just general bad business practises.

I'm mentioning this as I've seen a few people in the past demand eset should decide what to do with PUA but the whole point of this option is it is down to the user. If a warning comes up with the setting enabled, the user has to decide if the positives outweigh the positives, but usually if it's coming up there's probably a reason.

That being said sometimes genuine stuff can be flagged because of what it does e.g. it could be potentially misused