Import Config To Eset With Programming

Hi to all

i have a problem with my user 

i need a programm to import configure automatically to Eset Smart Security , because some of my user don't know how edit config of eset smart security

i want to creat a program with registry or visual basic that do this work automatic , then user have no problem

anyone can help me here ?

Thank you for your Answer

• Administrators

You can accomplish that as follows:

- configure the program

- export the appropriate registry key with ESET's settings

- on the target computer, disable self-defense and restart the computer

- run the reg file to import the settings

- enable self-defense and restart the computer.

Other than that, you can only use ESET Remote Administrator to configure ESET's business products remotely.

thank you for your answer but I have some problem

how can I disable self-defense with registry? and have a way that do import registry with out restarting windows?

please attention I don't want use Eset Remote Administrator and I want use a program to import config automatically because my users don't know anything about config!

also I see a installation program that edit config without restarting windows

I can not edit registry of nod because it show me error that can not edit it

please help me

thank you

Of course you can't disable self-defense from the registry. Just imagine if malware would be able to do this!

I think the easiest way to configure it would be to export your configuration and import in then in every of your client computers. (I think also "normal" users are able to do this two clicks)

Here is where you can do it:

post-3952-0-37423900-1409850042_thumb.png

But keep in mind that the full configuration is ex- and imported. So also your license data (username and password) and even your firewall/HIPS rules/exclusions and so on.
Edited by rugk

Without ERA it is impossible. Like I said if this would be possible then also malware could do this.

And the program of which you talk I'd like to see...

i say that it is possible because i see that 

after installing program i saw that proxy server and excluded website is modify in my Eset Software!

i will send you this program for see this

but i want to know how do this

if i send to you this then you can help to me for this way ?

after installing program i saw that proxy server and excluded website is modify in my Eset Software!

Oh, noo!  :blink::o

What's that for a program? It must use :ph34r: technologies to do so.

Just image if a malware do so, changes your proxy to 0.0.0.0 (a non-existing proxy, where you don't get updates anymore) and excludes a malicious website from scanning!

Can it - coincidentally - be that this "program" was malware?

Anyway if you want to PM it to me (if it's large upload it somewhere) then feel free to do. I can't image that this really works.

And I would recommend that you also add @Marcos or another moderator so that ESET also can analyse this.