ESET Endpoint is blocking a web site with the message Potentially unwanted content found

Eset is blocking a website and i checked the website in www.virustotal.com and it is clean.

The message is Potentially unwanted content found. I do not want to disable PUA so i want to know if there is way i can add an excepction only for this website.

• Administrators

What website is it? Whether it was compromised cannot be 100% determined via the VirusTotal service.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

cannot be 100% determined via the VirusTotal service

Can you explain why, please?

i would say if some other 75 vendors determined that a website is safe , than it is safe.....

• Administrators
1 hour ago, total said:

i would say if some other 75 vendors determined that a website is safe , than it is safe.....

First of all, the url check feature checks a website against blacklists only. It does not scan actual files on websites. To check actual web content, run a Quttera scan instead.

Hi Marcos, Thanks for your reply. The web site is hxxp://dutyfreeholding.com/

I want to know why ESET is blocking that website? Could you help me with that.? What is the reason?

I scan the website with Quttera scan as you suggested and it is clean.

Normalized URL:

https://dutyfreeholding.com/

Last scan date:

5/5/2022, 12:30:27 PM

Current status:

Clean

7 hours ago, FJCZ said:

I want to know why ESET is blocking that website?

Firefox also blocks the website; reason dutyfreeholding.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed.

22 hours ago, Marcos said:

the url check feature checks a website against blacklists only

You are right, but the "black list" was generated after the website was analyzed.

• Administrators

Not all websites that contain malware are blacklisted. For instance, we cannot blacklist gmail just because users receive malware in a gmail mailbox.

Ok, right now who is blocking the Website is ESET because of PUA. I want to know the reason ESET is blocking the website. There is a way i could be able to know the reason? I checked the url with the web page that you recommended Quttera scan  and the url is clean.

how can i open this website if ESET is not removing the website? I do not want to disable completely PUA.