Installation of Eset Endpoint Antivirus on Ubuntu 22.04

• Administrators

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS will be supported as of the managing agent v10. ESET PROTECT v10 is going to be released tomorrow.

Also we're going to discuss ways how to better proactively inform you about planned support of new operating system as we understand it is important to have this information especially in business environment.

7 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS will be supported as of the managing agent v10. ESET PROTECT v10 is going to be released tomorrow.

Also we're going to discuss ways how to better proactively inform you about planned support of new operating system as we understand it is important to have this information especially in business environment.

Thanks for sharing Marcos. 
Even if there are delays, I, myself, and I'm sure many others would appreciate the fact that this information is shared with them to be aware fo roadmap changes and estimates (emphasis on estimate, I am aware first hand how sometimes bugs can be found and time table can be pushed back to fix the product before actual release.)

52 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Excellent - That sounds promising!

I also noticed that today in the morning the EEA version 9.1.x was in the ESET PROTECT Server, but this afternoon it was gone - has it been pulled?

1640480356_Screenshotfrom2022-11-0717-56-27.png.678e71f2caf3c59f770a194bf7435eb6.png

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

I see it in the list. Is it still missing on your system?

image.png

Today it appeared again, but all the way at the bottom of the list: 1015956788_Screenshotfrom2022-11-0810-41-14.thumb.png.57900c48195c2d8ee2feea48043b17b3.png

22 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Thank you for the heads-up, I have reported the issue to developers. Will keep you posted.

P_EP-27607, P_EP-27608

I can confirm I saw it at first and then it disappeared,
( @eab - might want to try this)
But for me, afte removing the language choice I noticed EEA in the right spot in the list, it could have been timing, it could have been a glitching repo. either way.

Thanks for reporting it to the devs in a much shorter process than going through local support. 

• Administrators

I've got a reply to my queries from developers. As for the issue with sorting, as of v10 a different way of product choice is used and no sorting is done. Upgrading to ESET PROTECT to v10 should "fix" it.

As for the other problem with EEAL v9.1.4.0 disappearing from the list, it was a repository glitch last week that was likely causing this and should be already fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Could you please elaborate more? I see v9.1.4.0 in your screenshot.

Oh sorry, I got mixed up between the Windows version 10.x and was looking for a v10.x for Linux 🤦‍♂️ My bad - sorry.

Hello, could you please tell me when the ESET Management Agent Installer will support Ubuntu 22.04?

I tried to install it and faced with the issue:

ESET Management Agent Installer (version: 9.0.2141.0), Copyright © 1992-2021 ESET, spol. s r.o. - All rights reserved.

Creating directories...
Creating 'install' directory path: /opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Agent
Creating 'config' directory path: /etc/opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Agent
Creating 'data' directory path: /var/opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Agent
Creating 'Pki Cache' directory path: /var/opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Agent/pki.eset.com/
Creating 'logs' directory path: /var/log/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Agent
Creating 'libs' directory path: /opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Agent
Directories created
The archive will be extracted to: /opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Agent
Extracting, please wait...
Checking OpenSSL ... done [OpenSSL 3.0.2 15 Mar 2022]
Checking installed version ...
Status of current installation is: NEW
New connection settings are 'hostname': 'oro-nod32-02.domain.com', 'port': 2222
Checking server connection...
Connection checked successfully.
Checking proxy connection...
Connection checked successfully.
Loading correct GUID...
Loading of GUID was successful (new GUID = cb2c790a-43ca-48d4-a109-326f6344a1fe)
Checking peer certificate ... failed
: Error checking peer certificate: NOT_VALID_PFX
Cleaning up setup directories

What should we do to be able to deploy Ubuntu 22.04 in our organization with NOD32 ?

33 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Agent v10 can be downloaded from https://www.eset.com/int/business/download/eset-protect/#standalone.

After upgrading ESET PROTECT to v10, it will generate agent v10 installers.

Hey Marcos. 
many chance you can recommend the dev team to give this agent (all platforms) a small upgrade to actually pull the latest agent version going forward? 
why do i need to worry about creating new installers for the agent every time there is a change?

make it easier for me by being able to select agent with “latest” tag. Or specific version. This way I know I can choose the always latest. And if things are unclear I can manually create a specific version one for rare cases of version issue. 
does it make sense to you?