Trying To Create Sysrescue Live Usb

I am on windows 8.1. Downloaded the latest sysrescue live hxxp://download.eset.com/special/sysrescue-creator/eset_sysrescue_live_creator_enu.exe

It downloads. I format a usb drive (4gb, 2 different drives tried), run the live creator and it tells me the "sysrescue failed to create" without any reason for the failure. 

I downloaded the iso, use the creator to try to create usb from the saved ISO, same message. 

Tried a second usb. Same message. 

Tried creating a dvd. That worked. I could boot my suspect system from that. 

Why can't I create a bootable usb? 

That is strange, but as a workaround you can also boot from your DVD and create from the booted SysRescue a copy to the USB. (there is an tool included for that)

Edit: Added picture to show how.

post-3952-0-25711900-1410965168_thumb.png

Edited by rugk

I tried that, on the target machine i had booted the sysrescue from. On the target machine, it said there was no usb flashbdrive ( i tried 3 diff ones in all 3 usb slots) although diskpartion editor could see them, let me go in, remove partitions, change size name etc.

That is strange, maybe it depends on the USB sticks. Have you different ones to test it with them or even a different machine (maybe the USB driver are not compatible)?