Eset and Task manager conflict or bug?

Seems app does not see or for some reason can't use GPU anymore, I talk about Premiere Pro.
So solution is only to install windows without Eset for now  And i will do it now because i have no more time to experiment with this, cleary i can see that some problems is with Eset update and that is all what i can say.

Running these four commands from elevated command prompt window did the trick for me:

cd c:\windows\system32
lodctr /R
cd c:\windows\sysWOW64
lodctr /R

12 minutes ago, itman said:

Running these four commands from elevated command prompt window did the trick for me:

lodctr /R
lodctr /R

The question now is whether an ESET update will break it again or, preferably, if a future ESET update will fix this issue for other people that will not realize how to manually fix it.

I'm doing a test using a sandbox to increase the use of the GPU and the processor and HD.
As the image below shows that the GPU does not go beyond 0%. before updating ESET the GPU will do its part of the processing.
What I noticed is that now I don't have any help from the GPU because the ESET update removed the GPU as I said in the comments above.
What will be the solution that eset will give for the GPU to work again. because all this happened after recent updates.

image.png.05f9ef13e279fa327011dae2be26f517.png

Hello all, even I had noticed the same problem, I solved with the

"Rebuild the counters "

lodctr /R
lodctr /R

regards

14 minutos atrás, Tonyset disse:

Olá a todos, até eu tinha notado ou mesmo problema, resolvi com o

"Rebuild os contadores"

consideraa

I'll wait for a fix from ESET, because I don't like to do pale stuff. It could be a problem in the near future.
But thanks for your help, I'll be waiting for ESET to fix it.

Edited by New_Style_xd

7 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

I'll wait for a fix from ESET, because I don't like to do pale stuff. It could be a problem in the near future.
But thanks for your help, I'll be waiting for ESET to fix it.

A fix would be nice. An acknowledgement that the issue exists would be even nicer.

• Most Valued Members
25 minutes ago, cofer123 said:

A fix would be nice. An acknowledgement that the issue exists would be even nicer.

It does appear that the issue is related to eset @Marcos

• ESET Insiders

I am not having this problem so it is probably more complicated than them just claiming responsibility and/or releasing a fix.  ESET products may well be a factor but not the only one.

15 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

Well I was curious I went to update the eset when the modules were just installed look what happened to my GPU all disappeared.

image.png.70dd15c30bc125608093e96db66f2db3.png

I found that it was because of the update of the eset modules.

Yes I  just know this the same thing on 3 of my systems.

Edited by URBAN0

Just checked, I have the same issue. GPU is missing in Task Manager. I have not experienced this problem previously when I used other AVs.

This problem is critical and needs immediate attention from the development team.

屏幕截图 2022-05-04 083229.png

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, AnthonyQ said:

This problem is critical and needs immediate attention from the development team.

You can run " lodctr /R" as an administrator twice, just in case, to get it fixed while the issue is being investigated.

17 minutes ago, Marcos said:

You can run " lodctr /R" as an administrator twice, just in case, to get it fixed while the issue is being investigated.

I run it just once and it works. 🙂 Nonetheless, a fix is urgently needed. 

• Administrators

Let us know please should the issue recur after being fixed by running "lodctr /R".

3 hours ago, cofer123 said:

What you say I completely agree with.
Imagine these commands that are asking us all to put ourselves and see how it turned out.

I don't agree with this, because imagine several clients that I do maintenance on their computers and I recommend ESET's AV to my clients. everyone with a problem will I have to go to each one's house and use this command?

this is absurd and unrealistic. the fix has to come from ESET to solve the problems all at once