Fake Australian Eset Website?

HappyFeet14

What website did you open? The support page hxxp://eset.com.au/support.php looks differently.

What's that for a website! That site looks like a fake. (e.g. see ESS v6!)

@HappyFeet14

Ok I went on the safari trip to this site. ;)

From eset.com I choose Australia and I came to this site: hxxp://www.eset.com/au/

Now I looked for your site and I found it: hxxp://www.eset.com/au/support/lost-license/

And yes there is this spelling mistake! But this site seems to be genuine, so you can trust it.

But I suggest you to report the spelling mistake to the Australian distributor.

Edited by rugk

• Most Valued Members

G'day HappyFeet!

The Aussie ESET website used to redirect customers who clicked on 'Store' to an external "Pro1 ESET Elite Partner" store, but recently ESET seems to have added their own store within the ESET website (Which by the way isn't working properly, adding something to the cart results in a blank page where the iFrame of the shopping basket should be).

If the URL as @rugk pointed out does begin with hxxp://www.eset.com/au/ or hxxp://au.store.eset.com, then that is the genuine Australian ESET website.

@Marcos's link seems to be from the same or a different Australian reseller (quote: "exclusive reseller of ESET products in Australia."), not the official ESET website even though it uses the eset.com.au, nod32.com.au and antivirus.com.au domains... :huh:

It's a little confusing at the moment for Australians of how and where to purchase ESET products. :wacko:

Edited by planet

What website did you open? The support page hxxp://eset.com.au/support.php looks differently.

nod32.com.au which then forwards to antivirus.com.au

Sounds like I've been going to the wrong site,

If you wanted to go to the official site then you were right.

But to "speak with URLs":

1: How many domains have they?!  :huh:  And some sites are also redundant....

• Most Valued Members
[...]even hxxp://www.pro1.com.au/) is maybe a reseller or a fake website (because I don't want to promise it).

It is definitely a reseller - it was pretty much the only main reseller Australia had - ESET used to link all customers to them on the ESET Australia website until a few months ago when they started using their own store... so try out the main ESET Australia Store, and if you have trouble purchasing on there then Pro1 would be the second place to go to purchase ESET products.