ESET_PROTECT On-prem

Go to solution Solved by Ufoto,

Hi,

Quick question, as i can't find answer via google...

Can i (and do i have to) expose ESET Protect server to the Internet in order to manage mobile users laptops? They have VPN but not allways connected and we want every laptop to be visible in mamagement console whenever it connects to the Internet.

Yes, ESET Protect server should be exposed to internet in your case. Be sure to open only ports needed, for clients to communicate with server this is TCP port 2222 in default configuration. We have filtered the ports on our perimeter router, this hides the ESET Protect server from potential attackers. No problems with that for many years.

Edited by karlisi

• Solution

I would not recommend you to expose your ESET Protect server to the Internet. You can use HTTP proxy placed in your DMZ instead. It is much more secure and you will have the same result:

KB7034-Fig2.png.1c1ec3a2155c2cd872f93722c9febb63.png

I was facing the same issue. 
Your only solution is working with a proxy (I used apache) ESET has documentation for security rules to forward from the proxy so it's good

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BRK_Hyper said:

I have a question about the remote deployment tool. Am i rigt here?

You should create a new topic as your question doesn't seem to be related to this thread.

Regards,

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

I would recommend to check this forum topic https://forum.eset.com/topic/24859-management-protocol-reverse-proxy/ as it contains info, which might be interesting to improve the configuration of the setup...

Peter