Security Risk - Web and Email protection is non-functional

Dear Support,

I have the following problem:

"Web and Email protection is non-functional
System extension required for Web and Email protection was not configured because of an error. Try to restart macOS or reinstall the product."

Obviously, before spending my time writing here, I have already tried to follow the useless advice:
- Try to restart macOS or reinstall the product.

I have also spent more time reading other comments on the same issue without finding a solution. I don't want to lose more time, and I'm not going to send you any logs nor open a support ticket (privacy concerns). You still don't know how to provide a public solution, at least until now, even after months from the other previous comments with the same Security Risk. 

Anyway, I'm asking you to provide a public solution to this annoying issue without making me lose more time. I manage around 50 licenses.

I hope you will not make me lose more time again.

Best Regards

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, No_more_time said:

Dear Support,

I have the following problem:

"Web and Email protection is non-functional
System extension required for Web and Email protection was not configured because of an error. Try to restart macOS or reinstall the product."

Obviously, before spending my time writing here, I have already tried to follow the useless advice:
- Try to restart macOS or reinstall the product.

I have also spent more time reading other comments on the same issue without finding a solution. I don't want to lose more time, and I'm not going to send you any logs nor open a support ticket (privacy concerns). You still don't know how to provide a public solution, at least until now, even after months from the other previous comments with the same Security Risk. 

Anyway, I'm asking you to provide a public solution to this annoying issue without making me lose more time. I manage around 50 licenses.

I hope you will not make me lose more time again.

Best Regards

Logs will be needed. Often what seems like the same issue for 1 or more users, can actually be something different. Because of multiple different variables e.g. different setups, networks, hardware, software, there can't be a 1 fix solution.

I should add that if you add the logs on here via the attachment option only eset staff can access these. When generating logs you can also decide what is shown 

@No_more_time try to do the following - open Network Preferences and connect to Eset Network Protection Proxy. We have the same issue with all our laptops on Big Sur and later.

Despite this article saying, that issue has been fixed in  ESET security products version 6.11 or later, seems like it is still actual.

• 2 weeks later...

Try grabbing a fresh copy of the installer and installing it over, and double check the system extension has been allowed to run.  The proxy needs to be working and the system extensions need to be allowed. (after the install over again run the updater to get current components) 

[KB7636] Allow system extensions for your ESET product for Mac

https://support.eset.com/en/kb7636-system-extension