Update frequency for "Installed Applications"

Go to solution Solved by rekun,

Hello

The list of "Installed Applications" is fantastic, I use it a lot, across 200+ client machines. Is there a way to force a refresh of the list? 

Thanks

Jim

• ESET Insiders
  • Solution

As far as I know it is updated every time the agent is connecting to the manager

Thanks rekun, that was my understanding too but for some reason the lists didn't seem to be getting updated. However I've checked on a few PCs and they are now showing correctly, so I think it's resolved.

Thank you for taking time to reply.

• ESET Staff

Actually list is not updated upon each connection, but rather when AGENT receives notification from operating system (via WMI) that there are relevant changes. So in case WMI is operational, and AGENT is connecting to management console, it should be almost instant.

• ESET Staff
1 hour ago, jimwillsher said:

Oh perfect, thanks Martin. That sounds good, as it means it's quick but not resource-intensive - our clients check in every 5 minutes.

Indeed that is a reason why it is implemented in this way, but on other side, we are more and more seeing issues with WMI, so it might happen that on systems where WMI is not fully operational, it will take much longer time until list is updated.