FF & Edge - BPP Cannot Be Opened - Error code: 0x847695d2

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:
- with browsers closed, enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
- launch a browser and reproduce the error
- stop logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive.

1 hour ago, COStark26 said:

I just did Win 10 Pro 21H2 April Cumulative Update. If LOGS are required Pls give How-To Links unless it's obvious.

Confirmed.

Prior to this Win 10 update, B&PP worked fine. After this update, B&PP completely hosed. Can't be started in any way. Clicking on B&PP desktop icon does nothing. Accessing B&PP via Eset GUI does nothing.

Edited by itman

Here's the Eset fix for this: https://support.eset.com/en/kb6408-banking-and-payment-protection-browser-not-working?ref=esf

Permanently disabling B&PP and then re-enabling it does not fix this issue. Looks like we're all going to have to reinstall Eset ..... again! 👎

@itman

Reinstalling Eset did not change anything - at least not in my case: Win 11 (kb5012592 from today) and Firefox 99.0.1👎

I have a 71 MB Zip File.

KB3466 talks of Attaching ZIP to Case Email Reply ---- and you say Upload ..... TO WHERE & HOW.

I can put in Dropbox OR whatever you specify. Dropbox is all I have Unless you have Clear Alternate instructions.

Edited by COStark26

• Administrators

We are currently looking into the issue. It appears the reason is a malicious patched signed Microsoft dll (doesn't mean you have it and that your machine is infected).

To investigate it further, please carry on as follows and provide logs:
1, With all browsers closed, enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
2, Launch a browser and reproduce the issue.
3, Stop logging.
4, Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated logs here (only ESET staff will be able to access the attachment).

• Administrators

We have fixed it by whitelisting a specific file in LiveGrid. Could you confirm that the issue is resolved?

Just used BPP, too. Thanks stackz and Marcos-ESET.

I clk'd Chk for Updates but think it might have been a pushed-update.

Edited by COStark26

• 2 months later...

Is anyone else having any issues with firefox not opening BPP Cannot Be Opened - Error code: 0x847695d2. I can open it in Edge and google chrome but not Firefox.  i Permanently disabling B&PP and then re-enabling it does not fix this issue.

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:

1. Close browsers, if running.
  2. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  3. Launch a browser and reproduce the issue
  4. Stop logging
  5. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector
  6. Open a support ticket and provide: ELC logs, information whether you are able to launch a secure browser via the desktop icon.

2 hours ago, Purpleroses said:

Is anyone else having any issues with firefox not opening BPP Cannot Be Opened - Error code: 0x847695d2.

No problem here on FF ver. 100.0.1.

Also note the following:

If you are experiencing this issue (error 0x847695d7), we recommend that you restart your computer.

If restarting your computer does not fix this issue, we recommend that you try each solution in the order below:

1. In your computer settings, select a different default web browser and apply your changes. Repeat the process and select your original browser and then restart your computer.
  2. Backup your ESET settings and reinstall ESET.
  3. Upgrade your ESET Windows home product to the latest version.
  4. Update your operating system. Install the latest updates offered in Windows Update tool or enable the Automatic Updates feature.
  5. Enable Pre-release updates to have access to the most recent detection methods and fixes.

https://support.eset.com/en/kb6063-eset-banking-payment-protectioncommon-errors

Edited by itman