Jump to content

Client not connecting to ESMC


Go to solution Solved by mbianchy,

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

 

I have a strange(?) issue with a server managed by ESMC. My issue is very similar to this one

 

I checked of course name resolution (which is fine)  but the client does not appear in management console.

 

I tried: reboot the client (1x), reboot the server, checked name resolution (two, three times), checked firewall exceptions, re-installed client, re-installed management agent  but no success so far: The client refuses to appear in the management console while new installed computers *do* appear.

In the log file I find the very same messages like the above mentioned topic with the only change of appropriate port numbers/host names used in my enviroment - and of course UUIDs.

Any ideas what else I could check?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Please check C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html and trace.log for possible errors.

Do you plan to upgrade ESMC to ESET PROTECT soon?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dear Marcos,

 

I have no idea about any update to ESET PROTECT. If it's covered by our license I certainly will update.

in the log files I do find this error repeated every 40-50 seconds:

 

2022-04-12 06:07:39 Error: CReplicationModule [Thread 774]: InitializeConnection: Initiating replication connection to 'host: "xxxxx.xxxxxx.xxxxx" port: 2222' failed with: Response for request of type DeviceSessionTokenRequest (request id: 232) was not received in time
2022-04-12 06:07:39 Warning: CReplicationModule [Thread 774]: InitializeConnection: Not possible to establish any connection (Attempts: 1) [RequestId: bbad4e83-9de1-4b0b-bdf9-8374e6ea07f5]
2022-04-12 06:07:39 Error: CReplicationModule [Thread 774]: InitializeFailOverScenario: Skipping fail-over scenario (missing last success replication link data) [RequestId: bbad4e83-9de1-4b0b-bdf9-8374e6ea07f5]
2022-04-12 06:07:39 Error: CReplicationModule [Thread 774]: CAgentReplicationManager: Replication finished unsuccessfully with message: InitializeConnection: Initiating replication connection to 'host: "xxxxx.xxxxxx.xxxxx" port: 2222' failed with: Response for request of type DeviceSessionTokenRequest (request id: 232) was not received in time Replication details: [Task: CReplicationConsistencyTask, Scenario: Automatic replication (REGULAR), Connection: xxxxx.xxxxxx.xxxxx:2222, Connection established: false, Replication inconsistency detected: false, Server busy state detected: false, Realm change detected: false, Realm uuid: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000, Sent logs: 0, Cached static objects: 0, Cached static object groups: 0, Static objects to save: 0, Static objects to delete: 0, Modified static objects: 0]

 

The html file tells (also updated every minute with new timestamp):

image.thumb.png.1b0b41ce263e332f6c260b159b41990d.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

ESET PROTECT (v8, v9) is the last version of ESMC (v7). Upgrades to newer versions are included in your license and are available for no additional cost. You can upgrade to ESET PROTECT by:
1, sending an ESMC component upgrade task to the server (this will, however, upgrade only ESET components and not the 3rd party components like MySQL, Tomcat, etc.
2, using the all-in-one installer (Windows only)
3, by deploying the latest ESET PROTECT virtual appliance and migrating the server db there.

Please refer to https://help.eset.com/protect_install/90/en-US/upgrade_procedures.html for the upgrade procedure.

As for the problem, are you able to ping the server hostname listed in status,html?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution

Dear Marcos, in this case I'm already using ESET PROTECT - so it is in fact "just" ESMC v9 - my apologies for the confusion. I update the server every now and then (currently running v9.0.2144.0 which is in fact ESET PROTECT, I think?)

The problem disappeared by just moving the virtual ESMC appliance away to another host: In my case it was a very weird combination of circumstances which blocked network access from the VM running ESMC to the physical host where the VM was running on. The combination is VLAN tagging, link aggragation and Hyper-V - a combination which can only run two out of three of these combinations. On top of that ESMC is blocking by default via iptables all ICMP so I was confused by not reaching the target at all even running elsewhere.

I will move away from Hyper-V very soon - this will solve two problems at the same time: No need to have the Hyper-V host as client in ESET and VLAN tagging is working perfectly togther with LACP with all other available virtualisation hosts.....

 

Long story short: It is working now and I have proof Microsoft has developed the poorest IP network stack in the world :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...