Hello, I have some notes about the program:
- There is a program called SpyshelterTest
For antivirus testing, I tried it, and eset never detected it, but other antivirus, detect it when you test Keylloger
- And sometimes, when ESET detects a malicious program, no alerts may appear (Eset deletes it) and it may take a while to appear

Thank you

• Most Valued Members
On 4/11/2022 at 2:28 PM, Necro PC said:

Hello, I have some notes about the program:
- There is a program called SpyshelterTest
For antivirus testing, I tried it, and eset never detected it, but other antivirus, detect it when you test Keylloger
- And sometimes, when ESET detects a malicious program, no alerts may appear (Eset deletes it) and it may take a while to appear

Thank you

You have posted into the wrong category , here belongs to Slovak/Czech languages

But if you think there is a missing detection from ESET , you can send the sample https://support.eset.com/en/kb141-submit-a-virus-website-or-potential-false-positive-sample-to-the-eset-lab

About the alerts , they should appear immediately

On 4/11/2022 at 7:28 AM, Necro PC said:

There is a program called SpyshelterTest

Once the current version of this test tool is known to Eset, it won't block anything it does since nothing malicious is being performed by the test tool.

As far as the keylogger test goes, the tool is deploying a global keylogger. Eset won't detect global keyloggers unless it has a specific signature for it. As far as Eset Banking and Protection goes, Eset uses a key scrambler. If you activate the SpyShelter keylogging feature and then open Eset B&PP, you will observe that the keyboard characters captured by the keylogger are not the same as those entered; i.e. they are "scrambled."

On 4/13/2022 at 4:30 PM, itman said:

Once the current version of this test tool is known to Eset, it won't block anything it does since nothing malicious is being performed by the test tool.

As far as the keylogger test goes, the tool is deploying a global keylogger. Eset won't detect global keyloggers unless it has a specific signature for it. As far as Eset Banking and Protection goes, Eset uses a key scrambler. If you activate the SpyShelter keylogging feature and then open Eset B&PP, you will observe that the keyboard characters captured by the keylogger are not the same as those entered; i.e. they are "scrambled."

Yes, that's right, but in other application, the keyboard characters not "scrambled, and SpyShelter test tool  has a feature called "System Protection" for test Registry access, Service Registering ... ESET doesn't detect it when I start the test, not like Kaspersky Which block all these and close the applicatiion

On 4/13/2022 at 11:30 AM, itman said:

Seems rather convenient than logical approach.....

Why detect Eicar, then?????  It is a known non-malicious item.

5 hours ago, Necro PC said:

Yes, that's right, but in other application, the keyboard characters not "scrambled, and SpyShelter test tool  has a feature called "System Protection" for test Registry access, Service Registering ... ESET doesn't detect it when I start the test, not like Kaspersky Which block all these and close the applicatiion

Eset again classifies test software like Spyshelter as "hack tools." It knows that they are simulators and aren't used for actual malicious activity.

As far as the Spyshelter keylogger test, Eset again only will scramble keys within a protected B&PP session. If you enabled the B&PP "secure all browsers" option and the browser used is one supported by Eset, then the any keystrokes while in this mode should have been scrambled.

On 4/14/2022 at 4:39 PM, total said:

Why detect Eicar, then?????  It is a known non-malicious item.

Eicar test was established as standard method to test anti-virus functionality; not as a means to test effectiveness.

That is if a security solution detects eicar, it means that its real-time protection is active.