Eset Internet Security install hangs at 99%?

I've got an HP Elitebook that had Eset Internet Security on it that suddenly had some kind of serious problem, I wasn't sure if it was virus or malware but both the Eset online Scanner (because the Eset GUI wouldn't open) and Malwarebytes scans came back clean. The problem was that no browser on the computer, neither Edge, Chrome or Firefox would open and if I tried to open them taskmgr would show a running process but the program window would never open. When I booted into safemode and used the Eset uninstaller after that the browsers would again open normally. I tried doing a selective startup with only Microsoft services and tried to reinstall again with the same results, the install gets to 99% and never finishes. Computer runs Windows 10 version 21H2 build 19044.1586 x64. Any ideas how to fix this?

Eset Hung.JPG

You may need to  download & run the ESET uninstaller tool in SAFE mode, to clean the previous installation of ESET 1st, if you haven't already done this  https://support.eset.com/en/kb2289-uninstall-eset-manually-using-the-eset-uninstaller-tool

Edited by tommy456

18 minutes ago, tommy456 said:

You may need to  download & run the ESET uninstaller tool in SAFE mode, to clean the previous installation of ESET 1st, if you haven't already done this  https://support.eset.com/en/kb2289-uninstall-eset-manually-using-the-eset-uninstaller-tool

As I said in my original post "When I booted into safemode and used the Eset uninstaller after that the browsers would again open normally" so I did that and it made no difference.

• Administrators

An install log and a Procmon log from installation will need to be analyzed. Please open a support ticket for further troubleshooting.