Is it possible to exclude %appdata% folder for all possible logged in users from realtime scanning?

We need a possibility to exclude %appdata% respective a subfolder of %appdata% from realtime scanning for all users eventually using this computer(s).

For explanation:

A Software running on the computer creates and accesses temporary files in a subfolder of the users %appdata% folder and sometimes crashes when it tries to read or write the temporary files. When i set a realtime scanning exclusion for the actual logged in users %appdata% folder no more crashes occur, so it seems to be a timing issue. The error occurs very rarely(1time a week), but never occured when the logged on users %appdata% was excluded from realtime scan( We did this manually for the specific user). But the computers are in a domain environment and used by different users, so we need to set a exclusion for all domain users %appdata% folder. 

Any hints?

• Administrators

User variables are not supported in exclusions. You can use "*" to substitute a folder name in the path in performance exclusions, however, this is not supported and may not work depending on other exclusions.

You mean for example C:\Users\*\AppData\myFolder\* will work as performance exclusion. I believe to remember, that * in the middle of an exclusion path will not work.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, tomha said:

I believe to remember, that * in the middle of an exclusion path will not work.

Exactly. Wildcards in the middle of the path are not supported so it may or may not work, or it might stop working after adding other exclusions.