Which drivers need to be reflected for in-place upgrade

thae
Go to solution Solved by DuncanH,

We are using ESET FDE.

The in-place upgrade works via WSUS, but I want to be able to do in-place upgrades with our Unified Endpoint Management too.
With our last Endpoint Securtiy solution we just reflected the drivers, which they mentioned in their documentation. But ESET doesn't really give that info on which drivers to reflect, like in this thread.

Even the detailed technical KB article KB7394 doesn't give the info on which drivers need to be reflected.

I also tried to reflect the drivers in C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\Drivers but had no luck with that. But I guess this is the wrong way anyways, since the folders aren't different from a non-FDE to an FDE Computer.

So, where and which drivers need to be reflected?

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

The simplest way to achieve this is to use the /ConfigFile switch for setup.exe and point it to the EFDE setupconfig.ini file located in : C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WSUS\

This way all settings required for EFDE will be used during the setup.

This config file contains:

[SetupConfig]
ReflectDrivers=C:\WINDOWS\system32\dlpcore\Upgrade\
ResizeRecoveryPartition=Disable
Priority=Normal

This is the same as using

setup.exe /ReflectDrivers C:\WINDOWS\system32\dlpcore\Upgrade\  /ResizeRecoveryPartition Disable /Priority Normal

When used with setup, a path is passed to a folder that contains any driver and .inf files that are to be reflected during the upgrade process. If your tool simply requires the path, please use "C:\WINDOWS\system32\dlpcore\Upgrade\".

IMPORTANT Please also ensure the ResizeRecoveryPartition option is Disabled. Resizing the partition can affect the encrypted partitions and could cause the machine to not boot.