Install eset on Ubuntu server 20.04 The product is installed but not running

Dear All

Please help, we are installing ESET on ubuntu server 20.04 there is an error Product is installed but it is not running

image.thumb.png.4a32dab05f031ca5a00af58379e24989.png

Edited by fajarbagus

• fajarbagus changed the title to Install eset on Ubuntu server 20.04 The product is installed but not running
  • ESET Staff

Hi fajarbagus,

could you please check state of product directly on that ubuntu machine? What kind of product are you installing Server Security or Endpoint and what version? 

Command to check state of product directly on installed machine. 

For Server (File) Security

systemctl status efs

for Endpoint 

systemctl status eea

Thanks,

Regards,
Kurco

• ESET Staff

Hi,

it looks like EFS is running correctly, could you please check also state of eraagent service? Also there are to many warnings for EFS, could you attach full output? (use lslog utility with parameters "ec" - ./lslog -ec)

Thanks

Edited by kurco

• ESET Staff

Hi,

so for first sight it looks OK for both product, could you please collect logs and send it to me by private message? I will check them and try to identify cause of your issue.

Server Security logs -> https://help.eset.com/essl/9/en-US/collect_logs.html?zoom_highlightsub=collect+logs (execute mentioned script and attach output)

Agent logs -> https://help.eset.com/protect_install/90/en-US/diagnostic_tool.html?zoom_highlightsub=logs (execute DiagnosticAgent and attach output)

Thanks

• ESET Staff

Hi,

I have checked logs and according what I have seen there, Server Security isn't running correctly, therefore Management Agent can't connect to it and reports error in yours EP. Plenty errors and crashes there.

I would suggest to report this directly through eset support with attached logs.

Regards,