Can't Add Already Enabled Anti-Theft Device To "my Eset"

Go to solution Solved by metaller,

Hello,

I just purchased a two computer license for ESET Smart Security. I activated the license on both computers. On my laptop running Windows 8.1, it allowed me to  enable Anti-Theft; but it won't allow me to "Finish Anti-Theft configuration." All that happens is it keeps wanting me to create a new account; it doesn't ask for me to "pick a name" for my computer; and I end up on the instruction page that tells how to do it...except, of course, I can't and have been going in little circles for the past hour.  :(  Then, I tried setting up the Anti-Theft on my laptop that is running Windows 7, and it is asking for me to choose a name; yet I'm concerned that I will only be able to register one laptop for the Anti-Theft, plus my Android device. What should I do? Am I going to be able to register my Windows 8.1 laptop? It's the more valuable one so if I only get to choose one, that's the one I want, but it won't let me...what I really want to have BOTH of my licensed laptops covered by Anti-Theft, is this possible? How can I do this? Can I use one email address and have all three of my devices show up in one account? That would be ideal!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!  :)

(I attached two screenshots: both are concerning my windows 8.1 laptop that it won't allow me to configure)

~kkatblue

post-5099-0-05149800-1410150588_thumb.png

post-5099-0-00666100-1410150599_thumb.png

If you have not already registered an account then do it at myeset online.

And yes, you can activate as many devices as you have a valid ESET license for your ESET products. And yes they are also shown in the same myESET account, but you have to activate each of your ESET products with the same email and password.

So to activate AntiTheft click on "Login" in ESS and enter your login data.

• 1 year later...

I have the same issue as the person notes above. I have an existing account. I logged in. I enabled anti theft. but it will not let me add my device (for which I just bought a new license. my ESET tells me to finish setting up anti theft - but I can't. the only option given on the my.ESET website is to open a new account - but it recognizes my email address and won't let me use it to do so. i'm stuck and frustrated. help!

• 1 year later...