ESS GUI (egui.exe) freezes at tab "Scan Computer"

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

For the previous story see this post.

Again my ESS froze at the tab "Scan computer" and I also noticed that the RAM usage of ekrn.exe went up to 200 MB.

ESS version: 7.0.317.4

I had 2 devices connected at this time.

A funny thing was that I could move the main Window of ESS, but the black rectangle in the background stayed at the same place.

@Moderators I prepared some more screenshots and dump files. Please signal me here to who I should send this information.

Edit: Corrected the dumb files to dump files.

post-3952-0-83996800-1410032917_thumb.png

Edited by rugk

@Moderators I prepared some more screenshots and Dumb files. Please signal me here to what I should send this information.

I don't think they don't want any dumb files, but they would probably love to get some dump files from you.  :P

Pm sent.

• ESET Insiders

Hi,

Just a thought: could it be that ESS ran into some huge archive/file while settings for scanning archives are customized?

Best regards

Tomo

No it's a wrong thought. I started no scan.

This problem may be a kind of internal problem with the connected devices. For more information see the previous story (link in my first post).

Also Marcos hasn't read my PM until yet, although he was online today...

Edited by rugk

• 4 weeks later...

@Marcos

Thanks for your answer. And just for our information: Could you say what was causing this issue? Had it - like thought before - something to do with the connected devices?

@SweX

I'm also very surprised that there will be a new v7 release.

Edited by rugk

I've just received a notice that the issue will be fixed in next versions (8.0.305 / 7.0.326).

My colleague is working with a customer on this exact same issue. Tried Version 7.x and same issue. went down to Version 6.x and same issue. Not sure if this is version specific.

I've just received a notice that the issue will be fixed in next versions (8.0.305 / 7.0.326).

My colleague is working with a customer on this exact same issue. Tried Version 7.x and same issue. went down to Version 6.x and same issue. Not sure if this is version specific.

As you see no it isn't, but it is still questionable why they release a new v7 update, because all users could directly upgrade to the newest v8.

And I think you can understand that they couldn't release an update for all affected versions if the user can just upgrade.

As you see no it isn't, but it is still questionable why they release a new v7 update, because all users could directly upgrade to the newest v8.

And I think you can understand that they couldn't release an update for all affected versions if the user can just upgrade.

Because V8 is not released worldwide yet, only in specific regions. Edited by LaiLai

Because V8 is not released worldwide yet, only in specific regions.

This can be a reason, but this issue isn't so bad that they would have to fix it quickly and I think they could also release the version 8 (with this fix) faster then to at first release another update for v7.