ESET AV Linux Failed to download. "GetFile: Failed to process HTTP request (error code: 20016"

Hi!
I'm trying to download to a freshly ubuntu installed computer
I get the following error in the trace.log file

2022-03-15 12:32:30 Error: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread 7eff57a01700]: SoftwareInstallation: Task execution failed with: GetFile: Failed to process HTTP request (error code: 20016, previous: 20016, url: 'hxxp://repository.eset.com/v1//com/eset/apps/business/eea/linux/g2/metadata3')

Tried to access the site from my computer (which isn't the same machine that was trying to download)
And this is what I get. (usually a download opens up. 

is that ESET Side? 

image.png.a0c4c56b8cbf1dbf18b49d73c6521009.png

FYI - downloading manually from website works. 
but the download via the task is failing - I assume now it's ESET issue. can you please escalate that? 
I ran into this issue for the past 2 months or so for about 3-5 times. This is very disturbing.

• ESET Staff

Mentioned error indicates some kind of "access denied" error, which is suspicious as ESET repository servers are not using authentication at all. Is it possible there is some kind of HTTP proxy or firewall that could possibly filter HTTP traffic and possibly results in such errors? ESET repository servers are located on various locations (datacenters) across world, and also time to time it might happen that public cloud providers are used to host files (CDN) - any chance there is some kind of destination filtering that could fail for specific IP addresses or target geo locations?

Well, the only thing we have here is a Fortigate firewall. it might have some filtering system on it? 

That screenshot above sounds like the DLP solution on fortigate - any list of the ESET repo I can filter out? so it will access it without any issues?

Thanks

• ESET Moderators
9 hours ago, avielc said:

any list of the ESET repo I can filter out? so it will access it without any issues?

Those are available at https://support.eset.com/en/kb332-ports-and-addresses-required-to-use-your-eset-product-with-a-third-party-firewall# 

ESET Repository - repository.eset.com (ESET Remote Administrator 6.x, ESET Security Management Center 7.x and ESET PROTECT):

Hostname repository.eset.com

IP address 38.90.226.20 91.228.166.23 91.228.167.25

Peter