Latest Version Causing Serious Lag

Glock
Go to solution Solved by rugk,

Hi all,

I've been using Nod32 for many years now and have never had a single issue - until now.

I renewed my license as usual, but also ran an update too.

Sine then my oh my, Windows Explorer itself is slow, and as for gaming... utterly dreadful.

I use my PC for work as well as gaming - kids use it too so some games such as Batman or War Thunder which I happen to play are shocking affected.

I've increased my GPU core clock to try and get around it, no chance...

I've temporarily disabled Nod32 and all games et al work flawlessly as before - as in we are talking last week...

Sine the update, it's seriously affected affected my performance. I have tried various suggestions made such as disabling HIPS advanced memory scan and so on.

It literally works lovely when turned off, which is not an option.

I've been using Nod32 for, must be 8 or 9 years now and this is the first time I've ever had this issue.

My specs are as follows and yes I do use malwarebytes pro but it's all off;

Windows 7 x 64 SP1

Nod32 AV v. 7.0.317.4

i7 2600k

16GB DDR3 - Corsair

OCZ Vertex III for OS and OCZ Vertex III for games (so no, no bottlenecks)

OS needs lates patches but that's neither here nor there.

Latest Nvidia cards

No viruses / malware etc whatsoever

150 MB fibre Broadband - so it's not net lag either.

MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin FROZR OC II Ed

Many thanks and I hope you can help...

Remember, it worked flawlessly last week, the renewal and patch afterwards have killed it.

Games suffer ZERO lag when Nod is DISabled and are virtually unplayable when ENabled

I look forward to hearing from you

Kind regards

• Administrators

Hello,

don't you have another security software with real-time protection active by chance? Do you use default settings? Does temporarily disabling only real-time protection make a difference?

Sine the update, it's seriously affected affected my performance. I have tried various suggestions made such as disabling HIPS advanced memory scan and so on. It literally works lovely when turned off, which is not an option.

If disabling HIPS and/or AMS doesn't make any difference, but only when stopping real-time protection. Then personally I would try a clean install by uninstalling and re-installing as it have fixed small quirks like this in the past when I have installed over an old version. I always do fresh installs myself even though "over the top" installs are supported.

Oh, my, GOD... Seriously? ONE post PER day!!? 0.o I am trying to get some help for this issue, and I am allowed one post per 24 hours?? That's just... I'm flabbergasted to be brutally truthful. How are we supposed to answer to support threads? comical...

I guess the OP is not able to reply in here for some reason? 

He/she may be fresh like a new born baby on here but surely they must be able to reply yeah... :)

• Solution

I guess you got a PM SweX... (Now I saw it on his profile: @Glock)

He/she may be fresh like a new born baby on here but surely they must be able to reply yeah... :)

Yes of course.

Maybe he can reply as a Guest...

Edited by rugk

Hi,

Firstly sorry for the delays my end. Been very busy.

Secondly, yes a post limit is in place and I couldn't reply for 24 hours.

Lastly, I rebooted the PC several times and nothing changed, suddenly - overnight, it just stopped.

Bearing in mind this was affecting Windows Explorer too....

I thought I'd try updating to the latest Nvidia BETA drivers.....it worked.

It's since stopped. Now jitter or lag when using windows in all areas of windows and no lag in games either. It was very bad.

So I don't know if there's a connection, if ESET somehow is video card dependant or utilises some of the drivers in some way - but it worked.

Very odd but it's now resolved.

And thank you to Rugk and Swex for some very interesting and fun conversations while sorting this out.

The world needs more people like you two lol

Thank you.

Very thanks, @Glock (you got a kudo :))

and yes it was a very interesting conversation :D .

And it's also good that this problem is now solved.

But still the limitation for one post per day is quite strange and very badly for new users. I would suggest that a moderator should look into this.

But for you it can be that you can post more now, because you are not so new anymore.

And of course you can PM me again if you have any problems with the forum and you can't post it public.

Regards,

@rugk

Edited by rugk

Hi,

Firstly sorry for the delays my end. Been very busy.

Secondly, yes a post limit is in place and I couldn't reply for 24 hours.

Lastly, I rebooted the PC several times and nothing changed, suddenly - overnight, it just stopped.

Bearing in mind this was affecting Windows Explorer too....

I thought I'd try updating to the latest Nvidia BETA drivers.....it worked.

It's since stopped. Now jitter or lag when using windows in all areas of windows and no lag in games either. It was very bad.

So I don't know if there's a connection, if ESET somehow is video card dependant or utilises some of the drivers in some way - but it worked.

Very odd but it's now resolved.

And thank you to Rugk and Swex for some very interesting and fun conversations while sorting this out.

The world needs more people like you two lol

Thank you.

Hey!

Great to see you posting, finally its working. And nice to hear you got it sorted!

Yeah not the first I hear about some graph drivers that could be the culprit. In comparison just look at what MS have been doing lately with the updates they have released... :ph34r:  

Oh I say the same to you my new friend and let's hope everything continues to work beautiful for you.  :D

Cheers!

Edited by SweX

• 1 year later...

I updated to the version 9 beta and immediately my computer started lagging like crazy. I went back to version 8 and it's running good again. But that's to be expected when beta testing. I'll wait for an update then I might try again.

• Administrators

I updated to the version 9 beta and immediately my computer started lagging like crazy. I went back to version 8 and it's running good again. But that's to be expected when beta testing. I'll wait for an update then I might try again.

Not sure which version you installed but v9 is no longer a beta.

Not sure which version you installed but v9 is no longer a beta.

Ok that's something else I was unaware of. But, after shooting my mouth off, finally doing a little searching and finding that I couldn't install version 9 directly over version 8 and making myself look and feel like a fool I redid it and it's all good. Thanks Marcos. It's good to see you again.

Update: I spoke too soon about everything being good. I was still getting terrible lag while web browsing. Now it could be that I just missed where it said I needed to delete the Eset folders in App Data. I don't know. But after uninstalling ESS again and this time deleting the folders it seems to have installed right this time. So far it seems to be browsing normally. If it goes back to running badly I'll be back.

Edited by stueycaster