Does Eset really protect against ransomware?

New_Style_xd

I wanted to know why the Eset product is not on the list, losing to free software.
I wonder if ESET really protects against Ransomware?
If yes, why is it not on the test list?

7 minutes ago, New_Style_xd said:

I wanted to know why the Eset product is not on the list, losing to free software.
I wonder if ESET really protects against Ransomware?
If yes, why is it not on the test list?

This is the LIST : https://www.av-test.org/en/news/defending-against-ransomware-28-protection-solutions-put-to-the-test-under-windows-10/

• Most Valued Members
48 minutes ago, New_Style_xd said:

This is just an AV testing company so just depends which AVs they decided to use. 

I don't know a lot about AV tests but I do believe some do cost so a company may decide not to pay e.g. they decide to invest more in the product itself.

Can't really say what the specific reason is here 

4 minutes ago, peteyt said:

This is just an AV testing company so just depends which AVs they decided to use. 

I don't know a lot about AV tests but I do believe some do cost so a company may decide not to pay e.g. they decide to invest more in the product itself.

Can't really say what the specific reason is here 

If you observe on other sites that tests with antivirus, look in detail at ESET losing to Free Software, what do you tell me about this?

https://www.mrg-effitas.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/MRG_Effitas_360_Q4_2021.pdf

• Administrators

You'd better ask AV-TEST why they chose not to include ESET in their test given the AV-TEST's statement:

In its series of so-called Advanced Threat Protection tests, the lab at AV-TEST put 15 well-known Internet security suites for consumer users and 13 solutions for corporate users to the test under Windows 10.

There are many reputable testers, such as Radicati, Forrester, Mitre as well as AV-C (EPR/EDR tests) that show ESET's products performing extremely well.

We recommend that you try various AVs and then choose one that works the best on your system.

Having said that, we'll draw the topic to a close.

• Marcos locked this topic