Older Products

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

If I use an older version of the product, I see I still get updates but there are newer product versions. Why do I need a newer product version if I still keep getting updates? Does it has anything to do with security, is it important? ESET Internet security.

• Administrators
  • Solution

You can use any version which is fully supported. Currently it's version 15.x. It doesn't make sense to use an unsupported version because older versions:
1, May not support the latest version of Windows
2, May not protect you as effectively as the latest version
3, May contains bugs already fixed in the latest version
4, May stop receiving module updates without a prior notice.

• Most Valued Members
On 2/28/2022 at 10:02 PM, Vova said:

If I use an older version of the product, I see I still get updates but there are newer product versions. Why do I need a newer product version if I still keep getting updates? Does it has anything to do with security, is it important? ESET Internet security.

As Marcos has mentioned newer versions contain fixes to bugs, improvements to things such as scanning and protection and also newer features.

For example often in the past I'd see people complaining about getting hit with ransowmare and questioning why Eset didn't stop it but it turned out they they where using a very old version which didn't have the ransomware. 

By being on the latest version you get all the newer features. Also eset is licensed by product and not version so as long as your license is still in date all newer versions of the product will work