Restoro PC Repair Tool, Good or Bad?

GeeksAdvice.com says Restoro PC Repair Tool is deemed safe by Microsoft Security and has the Norton Trust Seal.   Yet I’ve seen end user reports that Norton Security will identify and delete Restoro.

Forums.MalwareBytes.com says Restoro is one of the so-called "system optimizers" that "use intentional false positives to convince users that their systems have problems. Then they try to sell you their software, claiming it will remove these problems."

The web is replete with accounts from users who love Restoro and say that it greatly improved their PC's performance.  Yet, I do find, albeit seldomly, the occasional warning not to use Restoro. 

My Eset Smart Security Premium detects the Restoro install executable and prompts me that it is potentially unsafe and asks if I want to clean, delete, or ignore it.  I haven't installed Restoro yet as I always wait until Eset performs its scan before I install any app.  Eset also warned me that the Restoro download site was potentially dangerous and I usually always follow Eset’s advice but for some odd reason I didn't then.  I will not install Restoro until I get to the bottom of this.  If I can't get to the bottom of my question, I'll just not install it.

So my question is, why is the Restoro executable and app deemed a potentially unwanted or damaging file/app?  Is it because Restoro may falsely identify problems and then prompt the user to buy additional software, or is it something else I can't find on the internet?  Does anyone have any knowledge or thoughts they will share with me on this?

I found much more illuminating and explanatory advice from https://davescomputertips.com/is-restoro-legitimate/.  So, I don't think I'll be installing Restoro at all now, especially since I saw the ad on this website where Restoro was powered by Reimage Technology!  I won't touch Reimage with a ten-foot pole.  The "real" user reviews posted on the site were also very telling.  Even if the reviews shown were just a handful in a thousand, those reviews by themselves are enough for me to not touch Restoro.

All said and done, I say to myself yet again, thank you Eset for the protection you've provided me for over 15 years.

• Administrators

The application in question is classified by ESET as a potentially unwanted application (PUA). For more information about what PUAs are, please read https://support.eset.com/en/kb2629.

There's also a section about system cleaners and registry optimizers :

Potentially unwanted applications – Registry cleaners

Registry cleaners are programs that may suggest that the Windows registry database requires regular maintenance or cleaning. Using a registry cleaner might introduce some risks to your computer system.

Additionally, some registry cleaners make unqualified, unverifiable, or otherwise unsupportable claims about their benefits and/or generate misleading reports about a computer system based on the results of a "free scan". These misleading claims and reports seek to persuade you to purchase a full version or subscription, usually without allowing you to evaluate the registry cleaner before payment. For these reasons, ESET classifies such programs as PUA and provides you the option to allow or block them.