Eset Endpoint High RAM Usage

ghanistaken

ESET uses 40-50mb ram when i start my computer. After a while its going up to 250-270 mb and i think its high. 

Note: This is happening even though i didn't do anything like scan etc.

How can I fix this pls help.

• Administrators

Couldn't it be that it happens after you launch a browser and open certain websites? If so, it's a known problem of the operating system crypto API caused also by downloading a big (~64 MB) certificate revocation list,

• Administrators
1 minute ago, ghanistaken said:

I don't think I downloaded something but. If its happening when I started a browser why its not going down when I closed it?

That's because the OS crypto API function keeps the big CRL loaded in memory for a longer time. It's beyond the control of ESET or other AV's that would perform cert. revocation check during SSL filtering.

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, ghanistaken said:

So is there anything i can do?

If it's the problem described above then you cannot do anything. Well, you could disable SSL filtering, which would, however, deteriorate protection. Even then it would be probably the browser which would call the same crypto API function so it would be the browser which would consume more RAM instead of ESET.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, ghanistaken said:

Closing SSL filtering didn't help. I think there is no fix for this.

So disabling SSL filtering followed by a system restart didn't make any difference?

image.png

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, ghanistaken said:

When i close SSL filtering eset uses 30mb ram but this time opera uses so much. Is it normal?

That's what I wrote. If you disable SSL scanning in ESET, then the crypto API function will be likely called by the browser resulting in higher memory use by the browser instead of ESET.