ESET Dynamic Threat Defense license disappeared from client

FRiC

Hi, earlier this month we upgraded to ESET Advanced which came with EDTD, so I enabled the feature and activated the license for all our users. Today I looked in EBA and to my surprised a whole bunch of clients showed that they have not connected since when I initially installed the license, and sure enough, looking at each computer in ESET PROTECT (on-premises) shows the same. I ended up activating the license all over again.

Is this a known issue? ESET PROTECT doesn't have a way to show which computers don't have the license, but I imagine this is by design.

• Administrators

The question is why the clients stopped reporting to both ESET PROTECT server and licensing servers. If you still have a machine with the issue, please provide C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html, trace.log as well as logs collected with ESET Log Collector from the machine.

Hi Marcos, thanks for replying, pls see attached.

While looking at my ESET PROTECT I discovered some clients that had the product activation task ran on and shown as succeeded but when looking at the computer detail are actually missing license and also not registered on the ELA site. I ended up creating a dynamic group to display clients missing the EDTD license so I won't miss them in the future.

I wonder if this has to do with renaming computers? A lot of clients listed on my ELA site have wrong device and/or seat name. When activating the EDTD license computer names from years ago reppeared.

Thanks.

EDTD.zip

• Administrators

Status.html shows that everything is ok and agent has successfully connected to the ESET PROTECT server.

You've mentioned ELA, however, EDTD requires that the license is added to an EBA account. Did you mention ELA by mistake and you have already migrated to EBA (https:/eba.eset.com) ?

Hi Marcos, I wrote ELA by mistake, I meant EBA (as in first post).

Yes, the clients are connecting to the on-premises ESET PROTECT fine, that's why I didn't realize they weren't activated for EDTD. I also noticed one thing different on EBA, the ones I've just activated show that they're activated with my name, while the ones activated previously show that they were activated by the company.