Windows XP / EP 6.5.2132.6 - out of date message

We still manage Windows XP system running in an isolated enclave with ESET Endpoint Antivirus 6.5.2132.6 / Agent 8.0.1238.0
Recently on all clients there is a notification in the GUI about product out of date.
I already went through the policies if there is a disable checkbox but i couldn't find something related.
Our ESET Protect Server is latest v8.0.xx

Any idea how to disable the notification?

XP_ood_message.jpg.8bf23266bb8574638200fbf22c5269fe.jpg

Edited by HSeber

• Administrators

The latest version of agent with support for Windows XP is 7.2, we would recommend downgrade.

As for Endpoint 6.5, the alert is going to change soon to better reflect changes in v6.5 support. It is not possible to prevent it from being displayed. I would recommend contacting your local ESET distributor if you have more licenses and cannot upgrade to a fully support OS soon.

Thank you Marco.
As long Antivirus definitions for EP6 will be populated and can be downloaded by the mirror tool, i think we won't have an issue soon?

However i'll contact my partner for clarification.

Why XP systems running Agent 7.2 show up in ESET Protect console as outdated?

Agent_7.thumb.jpg.82042baffa96751d6cc24c8c8c93208a.jpg

• ESET Staff
6 hours ago, HSeber said:

Why XP systems running Agent 7.2 show up in ESET Protect console as outdated?

Agent_7.thumb.jpg.82042baffa96751d6cc24c8c8c93208a.jpg

As of now, version is marked as out-of-date because it is older version than version marked as compatible with your console (for your PROTECT version compatible version is 8.0). Even it works properly in this case, there might be missing support for more recent functionalities in older version of AGENT, i.e. environment as a whole might not work as expected.

In case of other ESET products, version check considers latest version supported by operating system, instead of functionalities and thus ESET Endpoint Antivirus v6.5 is not reported as outdated when deployed on Windows XP, even it might be considered as misleading, especially now when product is communicating its outdated status directly and it has EOL status.

• ESET Moderators

Hello @Grigorios,

those are still available on the ESET site at https://www.eset.com/int/business/download/endpoint-security-windows/ / https://www.eset.com/int/business/download/endpoint-antivirus-windows/

you just need to choose other product version under advanced download options...

Peter

2 hours ago, Peter Randziak said:

Hello @Grigorios,

those are still available on the ESET site at https://www.eset.com/int/business/download/endpoint-security-windows/ / https://www.eset.com/int/business/download/endpoint-antivirus-windows/

you just need to choose other product version under advanced download options...

Peter

Thank you.

Will they update stop (for XP) at the end of 2022?

Edited by Grigorios

• Administrators
15 hours ago, slarkins said:

What is latest version of EndPoint Antivirus that will install on XP 32bit?

According to the screenshot above, it's 6.5.2132.6. It will stop receiving updates towards the end of this year.

• ESET Moderators
20 hours ago, Grigorios said:

Thank you.

Will they update stop (for XP) at the end of 2022?

The standard updates, free of charge are guaranteed during the support period.

Paid Extended Support is an option for those, who are not able to migrate in time.

Regards, Peter

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, slarkins said:

outside of paying for extended support...what are options for XP x32 after 6.5.x stops receiving updates at end of 2022

There are no other options. Currently the plan is that Endpoint 6.5 will stop receiving module updates and only users with extended paid support will be able to update basic modules from a special mirror.