Duplicate Names Being Auto Assigned to A Folder

Go to solution Solved by MartinK,

Hello to whomever may read this. I recently found a "bug" or maybe I have it setup wrong.

When boarding a computer onto ESET I noticed that when a computer has a duplicate name it will automatically go into a subfolder rather than our boarding folder. (for elaboration I have agents go to the boarding folder then I move the computer into the respective subfolder.)

Say I board a computer named "win2k19svr" and there is already a computer with the same name in a folder, it will automatically go into that folder. Is there anyway of preventing that or is that just the way it works due to having duplicate names?

• Administrators

Please clarify what you mean by "folder" here: " ...and there is already a computer with the same name in a folder".

Do you mean the listing of machines in the ESET PROTECT console?

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please clarify what you mean by "folder" here: " ...and there is already a computer with the same name in a folder".

Do you mean the listing of machines in the ESET PROTECT console?

Yes this is correct. I mean the listing of machines in the console.

For elaboration this is how our folders are setup. Recently boarded computers auto route to the "Lost & found" folder. However if there is a computer with the exact name it will go into the "Customers" folder and go into the subfolder (in our case the subfolder is a company)

image.png.a3c385876f9ec9bfb3168caed7fdf8c5.png

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

From provided description it seems to be as an expected behavior of "Automatically pair found computers" functionality. There are more details in linked documentation -> in case of on-premise management console, functionality can be disabled in settings:
image.png