ESET SSP LiveGuard is messing with NVIDIA GeForce Experience which installs fresh NVIDIA drivers - installation fails.

ESET SSP LiveGuard is messing with NVIDIA GeForce Experience which is installing fresh NVIDIA drivers.

Hi!

I am here to say that there is an issue with ESET LiveGuard is stopping installation of NVIDIA drivers which are run by NVIDIA's GeForce Experience application.

Current driver branch for GeForce RTX 3070 is 511.79.

GeForce Experience is a 3.25.0.84.

Yesterday appeared new driver, and today I clicked to install it.

Installation started, I choose Express installation, and it failed just because Live Guard started to check safety of it's components.

Driver installer is extracting it's files into AppData/Temp, and, it looks like they are unpacking also some .so libs (don't ask me why they are packaged into windows installer :) Maybe it's something for CUDA development. )

So these files is in "sent" in Logs viewer of SSP. (screenshot)

Actually, I am here because of Live Guard is breaking installation process while fresh driver is trying to install.

Yes, SSP after some time says all is good, but maybe there should be some action from ESET to be done for drivers. Or maybe for NVIDIA-only :) Some workaround.

Знімок екрана 2022-02-15 16.58.59.png

Done, thank you. I've added logs in previous post.

"Yes, SSP after some time says all is good" - I mean that after this message I was able to install driver successfully.

Edited by denixx